ECVI French creek-Nanoose-nanaimo reports

Whoops, too quick with the post button. I agree that All Marine is a good place to get work done, Dave (owner) has been taking care of me for a number of years now. There are a couple of places to get trailer work done both on the Alberni Highway, one is one the corner of Alberni Highway and Church Road almost across the street from All Marine, the other is past Coombs bedide Independant Shipwrights I think the sign still says Arrowsmith marine ask for Darrell or Cleeve ...
quote:Originally posted by Tiki35

Hi everyone:

Sorry this is off topic, but can anyone from the area recommend a good reliable place to bring your boat in for service (outboard motor) that is reasonable, competent and honest. Anywhere between Nanaimo and Parksville would be good. I have my "new to me" boat sitting in Parker Marine Nanaimo right now for the past 4 weeks because they are so busy. I don't know if they are good or bad but this waiting during boating season is driving me nuts. Any recommendation for a place for trailer service too?

Oh, how is marine gas different from regular gas?
And I know you should troll with the tide, so if the tide is coming in, would you travel north to south in the Georgia strait during this time?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Is it just me or do most of the ECVI fish look hungry? If something was done about the lack of bait on the inside I think the fish stocks would come back.

Caught a nice spring just south east of Entrance Island today (Aug.26), thanks to a tip from a charter guy from the Cedar area. Weighed in at 22lbs. which is great for me. Was very rough out there though, but it was worth it. I would have posted a picture, but can not figure out how to on this site.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Mikki
You go to www.photobucket.com start an account then upload your pictures you want to your account, then come back to this site start your post then click on the insert image button on the toolbar in between the img * img click and paste the address of the photo from your photobucket account and paste it in between the two img's where I put that star. That will add the picture to the site good luck.

BRS
I'm guessing the tip was to fish the backside of the Entrance reef, pretty good idea by the sound of it wish I could fish today.

fished thrasher on sunday hooked 4 springs and lsot them all .[V].
had three beside the boat and still could not get them in . the third we did nto get beside the boat popped the clip then took a run past the boat and jumped 20 feet in front of the boat [:0] line was cought around the downriger line .

anchovie @30 in about 50 feet of water .
all the springs were around 20#

greg my friend was at the little q on saturday morning and said there was a ton of fish. they forgot their tackle box so were forced to jig a few hours with some worn out macdeeps and got two 8lbers and an 18lber. They also saw tons of fish out there caught. Im gonna go wed night. A friend just got a brand new 24fter and doesnt know how to fish salmon so im gonna take him up there and show him a bit. Tough place to start.

hey guys I just got my boat with in the last month im in nanaimo just wondering where is everyone launching when they head up to the little and big qs I have a 16ft fiber craft hardtop with 60 evinrude

I launch at French Creek to fish the Little Q. About 20 MIn run.
16.5 ft Campion Fishing Machine 100hp Mecury

Thanks for the tip Mr. Killer.
Hope it works
CLIFFSFISH018.jpg
[/img]
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Yes Mr. Killer that worked. Thank you:D
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

beauty of a fish mikiki.
i plan to be on the water tomorrow morning.
i will report upon my return

Heard the charter guy landed 12 springs in under and hour and a half within the past few days[:0]

beauty of a fish mikiki.
i plan to be on the water tomorrow morning.
i will report upon my return

Heard the charter guy landed 12 springs in under and hour and a half within the past few days[:0]

Hey Mikiki! No fair using 'medium' anchovies!:D:D:D

Nice fish[8D]

Tom

Hey Urchin, I was using a green flasher and a green and white army truck hochie at about 140 Ft. of line out with a 9lb cannon ball.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Hey Urchin, I was using a green flasher and a green and white army truck hochie at about 140 Ft. of line out with a 9lb cannon ball.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Hey Kelly, I guess you're back, how did you make out? Roman is going to Alberta in a couple weeks, we should try to get him down to the river before he leaves.I'm heading to Bamfield on Mon. for a couple days with some old buds from the mountains. Hopefully there will be some fish left after the derby.

Hey Kelly, I guess you're back, how did you make out? Roman is going to Alberta in a couple weeks, we should try to get him down to the river before he leaves.I'm heading to Bamfield on Mon. for a couple days with some old buds from the mountains. Hopefully there will be some fish left after the derby.

Back