E.C.V.I.

Did you get out this morning Kelly? I went out for a few hours this morning, it was pretty rough but I managed to get one small spring around 8lbs.

Fished solo hard from 12-4 and it was dead although awsome weather. Saw one small fish caught with about 5-6 boats. Ballenas didnt even have bait. Gerald had plenty of bait but few fish. Ill give it a few days and see if they move in. Nobody has fished sangster in a while so it would be nice to hear a report if anyone does. Chris if you want to fish give me a shout i fish 3-4 times a week and always have room.

You caught three fish off of 5 fingers friday morning and 1 was 42?? Thats odd because I fished it from early morning and there was only one other boat around and the net never came out once.

I was out at the fingers friday morning.... just a bunch of baby springs, and cod fouling lines.

Kelly I guess you fish out of Beachcomber. I live in Nanoose and generally anchor my boat in Nuttal Bay. It's good to hear reports from you guys from our area. Anyone else fishing out of Nanoose area.

Went out yesterday at low slack and not a sniff (Ballenas). Also last night at sundown (high slack) and nothing (between Nuttal and Mistaken). Some pockets of feed but nothing else.

How do you post the pics?

You guys were in the hardtop? Kind of looks like an orca? Nice boat. Ya i live around nuttal and saw you guys launch and fishing out at ballenas. It was dead but i heard there were a few at gerald around 4pm.

Kelly,
Yup, that was me. Here's a pic of the boat and a fish from the other week.
P1000854.jpg

075.jpg

Amazing boat ill be sure to give a wave next time i troll by. Im in a 17ft malibu tyee. Same as 17ft double eagle. Didnt get out today. Bigredsnapper did you get out?

nice fish!

i am going to do a solo trip tomorrow off the fingers/neck point if the wind cooperates, we will see how it goes...

will also be out on wednesday night off nanoose. never fished there before but i will take a gander at the gps and see where all these spots are that you chat about. we are launching at beachcomber off NW bay road... first time adventure!

be out there in a 17 foot center console campion explorer... let ya know how i do!

Quick stint today proved worthy, 15 lb and a few hits. stickin with the chrome green still worthy. wednesday eve looks like a good tide to try again.

trolled off french creek this evening, and nada. Does anyone know if the area in front of the Little Qualicum river is open? My regs don't show anything about it, and no boats were there.

Hey Kelly, ran over to Sangster for the afternoon bite and squat. KT Anna had a few hits and I think he got a 15lber.We tried everthing and no action so we headed in to Sangster to jig a ling and got lots of small ones and four dogfish. I couldn't believe the size of these dogfish and at 40ft!!! What a nice day though, pretty hot but we did bring extra ice:D My kicker is in the shop for repairs, it screwed up in Winter Harbour(figures)and hopefully it's nothing major. Had to troll on the big motor and drag a bucket to slow down, it works pretty good.Probably won't fish much this week but maybe see you on the weekend.BRS

To bad greg at least someone ran across. We hit 9 on aug 13th at little q last year so i might start poking my nose around there the next few weeks. Try trolling down the beach though they arent infront at that time.

out yesterday off neck point and the fingers for a few hours, not a sniff... except for one doggy and a massive tangle up due to some awkward tide action and wind. might head out tonight off nanoose, we shall see.

Back