E.C.V.I.

Last year in the local waters saw mid August to mid September being pretty hot. So might just be another week or 2 before the late runs come through.

Thanks Kelly. that kicker is a pig, I think it's about 120lbs. The boat sits so much higher with it off but I feel much better with it on. BRS

Fished my butt off trying to get my cousin a fish. Sangster,young pt and ballenas 10 am-4 pm today. One hit and one fish 17lber at noon bite at sangster. 165ft green/white needlefish. Tried herring and chovies but the dogs were thick. Nice to hit a fish but its still slow slow slow.

Salt in the wounds not being able to hit bamfield this week.When we got to the dock a group had just returned from a day out at bamfield. Limits of springs to 38, limits of coho to 15 and a few halis. Said it was unreal.

jonsfish.jpg

There are some big fish around the ECVI. Hit that 42 a couple weeks ago and got a 34 yesterday at polier. Best year of Big fish I've seen in a long time on the ECVI. Better switch to 40# leader, cause there are some big ones around.

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

I agree but they seem to be thinning out. All the fish lately are 20 or less with alot of feeders. I talked to a guy yesterday who said his buddy fished gerald and lost one last month. The guys been a commercial fisherman all his life and this was the biggest he had ever seen. He said he guessed it at 65+ lbs. Got two attempts at the net and it wouldnt fold in and it broke off.[xx(] Maybe a fish story but i have heard of another 40+ lost at gerald last week. Out for the afternoon low

I have fished around Gerald during late winter months doing well on bluebacks and chinooks about two decades ago. This surface fishery is totally toast! But you are doing well catching fish in your area as there are very few fish in these waters. You should be a fishing guide, chartering tourists in this area.

The area was actually fishing decent in june-july but has died down. I was going to run to the little Q tomorrow and scout it out but forcasted 20-25kts.

Went out today and first pass hit one just before noon 170ft needlefish pattern at gerald. Cousin is new to fishing and tried horsing it in, pulling the hooks out right behind the boat. Was not a big fish though 10 lb +-. Nothing after that. If your riggers are at a steep angle pull them up as the jellyfish are thick and get on the lines adding alot of drag.

Theres more fish out there than most people realize. Ive been out over 30 times this year and have only been skunked 2-3 times. There were days in may with over 20 springs to the boat that were all over 15lbs and up to high 20's (lots of boats did this well). Lots of 30+ lbers getting caught. Slow of late but still should be able to get at least one to the boat everytime out around thrasher.

Yes, I heard about the salmonfishery was phenomenal on the east side of this island a while ago. Good on you catching a number of spring salmon this year.

Hey Kelly, anything at the river? I'm still tryin to get my boat out to put my kicker on. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be all set. BRS

Another 30+ fish today taken at Thrasher ;)

Take only what you need.

Everyone likes pics fish assasin!

Went out today to little Q but ran into a buddy halfway saying there were some fish off FC so we hit that before the tide. Around noon we hit two screamers one after another. Thought they were bigger the way they ran but still a respectable 25 and 31 lber at 205-180ft on green/white needlefish.Had to run in during the bite to pick someone up and it was slow by the time we got back out. Had one 4 lber released and one big hit that popped the clip then was off. Really blew up when we were coming back 20+kts and 4ft slop. Almost played bumper boats docking in that wind [xx(]

Both whites. Hard to tell from the angle but the fish were similar length. The fish on the left had huge shoulders on it.

FC.jpg

quote:Originally posted by banger17

got pics?

30+ means a whole lot to the imagination doesnt it?

There is something wrong with my Camera... It doesn't read my memory card for some reason, but if I put it into a different Camera it works fine. I can still take pics on it I just can't read it or get them off of it without some other camera.

Take only what you need.

quote:Originally posted by banger17

nicely done! 2 beauties!

where did you get those shirts? i like both of them, pretty comical...

Made the BC tough one and a forum member was selling the seal one so i grabbed a few. Its a rule on the boat you need a stupid fishing shirt. Helps catch more fish

Back