Derby's Canuck emporium

As a longsuffering Canuck fan, I found lasts night's game very watchable. They skated hard, they played like a team that desperately wanted to win, both teams were flying in OT.

Too bad about Kessler.

As a longsuffering Canuck fan

Long suffering?... Do you mean the last couple months or within the last 25 years? or the last 44?

The last 46, actually. Remember in '67-68 in the old WHL when the broadcast used to start at 8:30 with the first period almost over? Andy Bathgate, Charlie Hodge, Bryan Hextall (Ron's dad) Don Cherry..... Those were good years actually.
Then the early '70's when the team wasn't exciting but their CEO was sent to Kent Penitentiary for taking money from the team coffers to subsidize the companies other interests.
We had some heady days when Pat Quinn was first in charge but it went in the toilet after a few years. The same is true with AV, a few darn good years but now it seems to be in the rear view.
Nope, what's happening now is the norm in Canuckville, but I'm still a fan.

Welcome aboard brotha

It was looking really good for the CanSucks. But then they had to drop the puck to start the game. Bummer

Decent game against Washington, funny that its the new guys that are the ones scoring. Cant imagine what a game against a top team like boston, Chicago, ducks, pitsburg would look like! would probably be 9 goals against with the way vans defence is playing. Don't know why weber isn't playing more on the pp instead of useless edler that just shoots right at the shot blockers.

holy cow 1.8% Even if they got in they would be destroyed by boston or any of the other top teams. We have to wait and see what happens next year. The management better smarten up though because if Seattle gets a hockey team it may get challenging to keep NHL in Vancouver.

You don't want out team to get down in dumps and then sell it too Seattle.... I know it happens every year they suck and we deal with it. But this year has been one that I am more concerned with how the local hockey teams are doing...Look at say on island Victoria Royals perfect example... Most peopl in Vic if asked would probably have more fun at Royal game. It really shows place is packed every game.

Anyhow will keep watching until they sign off for the season....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see them winning 11 or 12 of the remaining 13 games to squeak into the playoff picture... Do you???

Haha.....not likely but who saw them losing one game in regulation in December, two in a shootout, getting 22 of 26 possible points and then shattin' the bed like they have since then? :p

You just never know! :rolleyes:

Back