Derby's Canuck emporium

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I am actually scared a little to turn TV on tonight...... Kind of weird seeing a team like canucks in almost same standings as jets. The jets were and always my hometown team along with Vancouver, and I know exactly what it is like when the owners/managements screw everything up = no team. That demise in Winnipeg was exactly the same thing bad choices, lost all the time and then NHL packed up..Mostly though it was because we all got fed up and started supporting local hockey games.... IE Manitoba Moose...

If they don't make a serious adjustment with Gillis its shows that they aren't prepared to a major re-alignment. Luongo is only one piece..Think about it Gillis has been around everybody and pointed the finger and fired guys. This time he needs to take the fall. There standings right now is his doing,and he is failing as a GM in my opinion.... The players, and organization are pissed off... It is obvious.

I would also be very cautious of Seattle Seahawks franchise/owners visiting Vancouver.looking into getting into NHL... that was a little weird timing...Seems that happened right before luongo trade.

http://seattletimes.com/html/othersports/2023010707_nhlinseattle28xml.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy too, for Lou

I would say over Gillis' tenure it was his best trade.

The team left Lack to hang last night.. They have done the same to Lou on more than one occasion this season.

Are you talking about the trade that sent Louongo to Florida? Or the one that brought him to Vancouver - 'cause that was made by Nonis.
Gillis is the one who signed the 12 year deal with the no trade clause which in retrospect wasn't such a good thing.

Speaking of the Canucks... Shaw (ch 4 for most) has the Royals game on.. Just started the second.

Better than most NHL games I've seen
yep that's some quality hockey...something a hometown fan can afford...not like some overpriced trip - canuckleland

Holy smokes... 2 goals in one game! I like your enthusiasm Derb! ;)

two goals in the same game...oh it's Calgary...:)

Caps vs Red Bulls TSN ...good footy warm up before the hockey game...:)

What does it take for a call up or two and a couple of healthy scratches to the press box. Any one of the forwards could use a rest. Keep rotating through them until they start showing some effort.

The Royals game started at the same time and its already 3-0..

4-1 for the caps too bud

Maybe the Nucks should take up footy

25 min in and CanSucks have 3 shots on goal. Big time problems there.

Back