Derby's Canuck emporium

What a shame... in 3 years a Stanley cup contending team has been dismantled...:mad:
Good point! How come Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles can stay competive the last few yrs after Stanley Cup appearences? Gillis has made some very bad moves and should therefore be given the axe. How can the Acqiulinis put up with this guy?

Gillis GONE !!!! in the Summer for sure or the owner is even more of a fool then GILLIS !

Brutal to be Leafs of the WEST now ....... or at least Laughs of the WEST.

Go Gillis GO !

HT

Maybe. But by then the core of the team is gone. The Sucks will be just another money making business they will continue to fill the stands and make a lot of money without coming close to putting a competitive team on the ice. And the coach has to go. He is useless as a coach.

After watching both Canada’s gold medal teams, it really was hard to go back to watching the Canucks and for that matter NHL teams in general. It makes me think there has been too much expansion even with the addition of European players and the watered down talent pool spread out across all those teams does not have the same level of awe and excitement the league one did.

Hope they keep Kesler and Santorelli (off with shoulder injury), they are both exciting players and at least something to watch if it does take a few years to rebuild.

Gillis, with his penchant of buying high and selling low, would never make it as an investment advisor.

they should "coast away" for the rest of the season; perhaps they'll finish last...this would at least give them a pick of the new litter.

compare us to "leafs" my arse isn't ready to be spenkied...:)

Anyone know what planet Gillis resides on. Heard him on the radio and he wants to make the playoffs with the improved cansucks. Sounds like he will try and unload the rest of the team during the summer.

Heard rumors that the aquilini's interfered in a trade for kesler. Apparently they were ready to deal him to Pittsburgh until the aquilinis pulled the plug. Hopefully that means that their planning on canning gillis and are just throwing in the towel for this season.

Heard rumors that the aquilini's interfered in a trade for kesler. Apparently they were ready to deal him to Pittsburgh until the aquilinis pulled the plug. Hopefully that means that their planning on canning gillis and are just throwing in the towel for this season.

They might be thinking if they keep Kesler that gives them their best shot at a couple of playoff games and those are worth a few bucks. Trading Kesler would most likely be a move for the future not the present. Highly unlikely on the playoffs either way though but stranger things have happened. Could also be that they just don't trust Gillis and his trading skills, maybe they saw he was being fleeced. They might still keep him but change his role. He's got some time left on his contract and the owners seem to like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
They might be thinking if they keep Kesler that gives them their best shot at a couple of playoff games and those are worth a few bucks. Trading Kesler would most likely be a move for the future not the present. Highly unlikely on the playoffs either way though but stranger things have happened. Could also be that they just don't trust Gillis and his trading skills, maybe they saw he was being fleeced. They might still keep him but change his role. He's got some time left on his contract and the owners seem to like him.

Yup.....could very well be the case as I have read in a few spots that the brothers stepped in.

I guess if there is a silver lining in not trading him is that they likely will be able to get more for him in June prior to the draft as opposed to a pressured couple of days where every GM is looking to be the big winner in a deal.

I am pretty sure Kesler has at most 20 games left in a Nucks uniform and that is 18 regular season plus a 'possible' 2 in the playoffs before they are knocked out in 4 or 5. Their chances are pretty slim at finishing above 8th in the west which would leave them playing Anaheim or St. Louis which I don't think they stand much of a chance against despite being undefeated against St. Louis this season.

Gillis GONE !!!! in the Summer for sure or the owner is even more of a fool then GILLIS !

Brutal to be Leafs of the WEST now ....... or at least Laughs of the WEST.

Go Gillis GO !

HT

Ha ha good one but the leafs have quite a few more points then the nuckleheads, might have to call them the Sammy heads :)

Maybe now, come the draft, Kesler will realize that if he wants out he may have to be open to going to more than just the team of his choice. He can't direct fhe trade and us still be able to get fair value for him. I wonder if Pitsburgh might have done a little tampering at the Olympics and then figured they could get him cheap if he vetoed trades elsewhere.

Back