Derby's Canuck emporium

Gotta disagree with him being worth more in the summer...several high quality UFA goalies coming out AND GM's KNOW Gillis has to move him before season's start or else buy him out for cap reasons...closer we get to September of next year the less value Luongo has in my opinion.

Maybe.... But who are these good UFA goalies? This summer Gillis will have any and all teams to deal with that are wanting a legit goalie. Seeing as how Luongo isnt a playoff rental because of his contract, the pool of teams interested before noon tomorrow is really small, like 1 or 2 teams. I think the summer gives him more options in teams showing interest, meaning more value.

Any team needing a goalie wants Luongo, his contract is the issue. Who knows though..... He was definitely worth more last summer, weren't us Canuck fans saying NO WAY to Kadri and some prospects :confused:

Mike Smith, Ben Bishop, Jonathan Bernier, and Ryan Miller (not UFA but 90% going to be traded from reports). Then add in other goaltenders that could be traded. Just watched TSN and they were saying taking it to summer for Canucks is very risky because if market dries up they'll get a 2nd rd pick at best, and at worst nothing with a $27 mill buyout, as they HAVE to get his salary off the cap.

Wow... Ya that's a pretty good goalie list there.
Lets hope the Laughs grab Luongo tomorrow..

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy is alright but he's no Hodgson who we gifted away. I'd welcome Torres back he was a difference maker in 2011.

Canucks are far off we miss Salo bad and we need a legit sniper. The sedins need to find their form particularly Daniel he must be playing hurt. He has no shot at all the only way he can score right now is through a screen or into an open net. Shoulder or wrist or something must be messed up.

I wonder if flames would give us Cammelari if he can still snipe.

Nope...man did Luongo ever seem depressed during his news conference. About his contract, "If I could right now I'd scrap it"

Yes, you have to feel sorry for Luongo and his horrendous contract that's only paying him $60 million. I don't know how he stands it! I know I'd sure have a tough time living on $60 million over 12 years or whatever the hell it is. Boo fricking Hoo Roberto. Suck it up!!

Yes, you have to feel sorry for Luongo and his horrendous contract that's only paying him $60 million. I don't know how he stands it! I know I'd sure have a tough time living on $60 million over 12 years or whatever the hell it is. Boo fricking Hoo Roberto. Suck it up!!

His agent gave him some bad advice and he took it, dollar signs and stability was all he saw. Did he know that his role is dependent on how he plays and a number of other factors beyond his control?

I don't feel sorry for him either, he now has to do his best in whatever role he is given.

I put a lot of the blame on Gillis...6-8 year contract would of sufficed just fine, instead 12 freakin years! When you look at his record, it's pretty ****ty, Kassian for Hodgson, Ballard trade, Booth trade, Garrison now overpaid, Edler is just so inconsistent (if he can settle down and get his game together on a daily basis that's a fine signing), only two good things are Higgins and Lapierre. Other than that Gillis as GM has actually SUCKED!

Although rumour has it Leafs wouldn't even accept Scrivens, 2nd, 3rd for Luongo...which I think is a pretty fair deal if not more favorable for Leafs...so Nonis can suck it too...I can't wait to see Reimer and Scrivens get lit up rest of year and playoffs, I'll watch Leafs games especially for that!

I put a lot of the blame on Gillis...6-8 year contract would of sufficed just fine, instead 12 freakin years! When you look at his record, it's pretty ****ty, Kassian for Hodgson, Ballard trade, Booth trade, Garrison now overpaid, Edler is just so inconsistent (if he can settle down and get his game together on a daily basis that's a fine signing), only two good things are Higgins and Lapierre. Other than that Gillis as GM has actually SUCKED!

Although rumour has it Leafs wouldn't even accept Scrivens, 2nd, 3rd for Luongo...which I think is a pretty fair deal if not more favorable for Leafs...so Nonis can suck it too...I can't wait to see Reimer and Scrivens get lit up rest of year and playoffs, I'll watch Leafs games especially for that!

Good point, it was the owners who also agreed to this contract, they share the blame too.

I blame the team for not winning the cup against Boston lol. Everything would be different...... :(
For the first time in a few years they will go into the playoffs without any expectations, which will be a nice change.

Unless they get lucky and win, the team is a rebuild within 3 years or whenever the Sedins contracts come up lol

Could be a good battle..Minnie got better by adding the Buffalo Captain.... but you are right no expection... :)

Oh Serengeti slow down take a deep breath and have a nice glass of wine. What's a matter can't stand it that your team sucks and Toronto has the same amount of points as your nocups. That must really get your goat, better yet make that 2 glasses of wine! As for Reimer and Scrivens sucking, Scrivens 2.59 g/a, Reimer 2.52, Lou 2.44, and snides 2.27, not seeing to much light in between the numbers. Good thing the halibut issue hasn't got you all flustered.

Chirp show over here ;) Leafs are a joke of a team still especially with Reimer and Scrivens as their goalies...no chance they stand the pressure of playoffs. I'm excited to see them get lit up like I said. And come on now Jackel, saying there isn't much light between those numbers shows you don't know too much about hockey ;) Schneids GAA for a team would put them 4th overall whereas Scrivens GAA would put them as a team 15th overall...BIG difference especially over a whole season :)

I accept that challenge...am a goalie so will rob you left, right, and center. Unlike Reimer...even YOU could score on him...

I disagree in Vancouver (the only place that counts) expectation and pressure will remain.

The Sedins need to get their act together. The past 2-3 seasons they have each been averaging over a point per game. This season they are well below a point per game. Burrows has sucked, he has less points than Hansen and he is playing on the top line.

The Sedins need to get their act together. The past 2-3 seasons they have each been averaging over a point per game. This season they are well below a point per game. Burrows has sucked, he has less points than Hansen and he is playing on the top line.

They've been all alone this year.... Teams can focus all of their defence on the twins because the other lines can't score. Not an excuse.... That's just what's been happening. Kesler and Roy will be a huge help.... The powerplay is also hurting after Erhoff and salo left.

I think the Sedins would be more productive if they had some more support. With Kesler being injured so much the other teams can focus on the Twins to shut them down.

Back