Derby's Canuck emporium

Very impressed in Jordan Schroeder vision on the play, I can tell Vin thinks of the potential also
Play'n Shnyds in the now will, gives us wins. But I think show case'n LU would be the ticket to raise his stock for the trade dead line..............IMO

Len

I think he should be traded. Hard to afford him next season.

The Canucks are in a real tough spot too many injuries, too many under performers locked up long term (IE Keith Ballard and David Booth) and their "best players" have not been their best players this short season. Danielle is maybe still wonky from that concussion or maybe he just lost his confidence he second guesses every play out there and his shot looks worse then Hanks.

I haven't even mentioned the biggest boondoggle which is Gillis has watched Luongo's value drop and drop this season. He won't get much for him now lots of good goalies available and save the first few games Luongo's has not looked elite this season.

So what happens now? A first or second round exit followed by a worse team next season? Or will it be a christmas miracle and everyone will get healthy and preform to a level they are capable of? The Canucks could still be really good if healthy but it's going to be a tough run this year.

Luongo hasn't looked good this year? He saved the season considering Schneider's slow start.

He's 7-4-3 with two shut outs... Pretty good considering how the team has played for much of this season. The only tough thing about moving him is his contract, many teams would kill to have him.

Read it again hambone. Aside from the first set of games Luongo has not looked good his 7-4-3 record was something like 6-0-2 and since then he is 1-4-1. those numbers are just a guess. point is he started great but has been average at best since his hot start.

I think he should be traded. Hard to afford him next season.

The Canucks are in a real tough spot too many injuries, too many under performers locked up long term (IE Keith Ballard and David Booth) and their "best players" have not been their best players this short season. Danielle is maybe still wonky from that concussion or maybe he just lost his confidence he second guesses every play out there and his shot looks worse then Hanks.

I haven't even mentioned the biggest boondoggle which is Gillis has watched Luongo's value drop and drop this season. He won't get much for him now lots of good goalies available and save the first few games Luongo's has not looked elite this season.

So what happens now? A first or second round exit followed by a worse team next season? Or will it be a christmas miracle and everyone will get healthy and preform to a level they are capable of? The Canucks could still be really good if healthy but it's going to be a tough run this year.

So you don,t include Edler in that statement is he not the highest paid under acheiver on the team !What about Alberts and Barker thats some amazing defence they provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read it again hambone. Aside from the first set of games Luongo has not looked good his 7-4-3 record was something like 6-0-2 and since then he is 1-4-1. those numbers are just a guess. point is he started great but has been average at best since his hot start.

Well IMO, the problem is that unless he's flawless guys like you jump all over him..... :rolleyes:
Just sticking up for what I think is a great goalie that's all.

holy sheep shampoo; u guys are lucky even a bad hockey game beats watching latin football 24/7 :rolleyes:

Back