Commander 26 Re Build

Dam great job on the transom. You know you are saving me a year of my life by doing this? You are miles ahead of anyone with the shop, your wife also has no idea of how much it costs as well? have a good glass guy available is a win.

I called about the 26 in North Van for 10k, thinking I could gain the beam and still have some of the functionality of my 25.5 but everything he said made me want run away.

What a new boat tail, we have all been there with mechanicals on our first time out! Glad you got her on the hard safely and the build quality is so amazing back when most of us were toddlers or a twinkle in our mothers eye.

Do you have your name down for engines? Unless you buy state side I think most dealers have waiting lists right now.

Dam great job on the transom. You know you are saving me a year of my life by doing this? You are miles ahead of anyone with the shop, your wife also has no idea of how much it costs as well? have a good glass guy available is a win.

I called about the 26 in North Van for 10k, thinking I could gain the beam and still have some of the functionality of my 25.5 but everything he said made me want run away.

What a new boat tail, we have all been there with mechanicals on our first time out! Glad you got her on the hard safely and the build quality is so amazing back when most of us were toddlers or a twinkle in our mothers eye.

Do you have your name down for engines? Unless you buy state side I think most dealers have waiting lists right now.
Thanks, I was able to get a tow from the boys at Van marina with in a hour and everything went smoooth after smashing into the dock. I think the commander had enough, she didn’t want to go Anywhere and the only way she was going was me towing her. What a awesome day.

Any YES I have my name and money on engines
I have seen them, I have touched them, I have hugged them multiple times, I have been thinking about them everyday.

Good start to the day,
The pod/ hull extension is back from getting powder coated!! Looks awesome, pod is a beast.
Need some stainless hardware and she is going on right away.View attachment 76148View attachment 76149View attachment 76150View attachment 76151
Finally! Someone that understands that boats aren't WHITE. Drives me nuts seeing all these pods being custom powder coated with a blinding white and it does't match the hull whatsoever. Or maybe you just have lots of yellow light in the room and you've made the same error :(

Transom- shout out to everyone that spent time talking with me over the phone about their own projects and giving me advise with out knowing me. It’s always awkward calling someone and starting the conversation with I don’t want to buy your boat but can you help me… most people are awesome. Decided to reinforce it another inch, factory is 2 1/4 .Before we did that, I also had my guy cut out a few inches of the first layer that smelled like gas. Then we installed 1 1/2 12” long gussets connecting the transom to the lower stringers, my guy said it’s over kill but I learned not to trust anyone until I feel comfortable. So he doesn’t know once the pod is on he is going to add gussets to outside stringers for a total of 6. It’s a massive hull extension.View attachment 76132View attachment 76133View attachment 76134View attachment 76134View attachment 76135View attachment 76134View attachment 76136View attachment 76137View attachment 76138View attachment 76139
Adda boy, thats how you beef up a transom for a pod. About time we see someone do it right.

Not my business and your welcome to tell me that but do you have a budget for this build or are you just going at it and begging the wife's forgiveness after

Not my business and your welcome to tell me that but do you have a budget for this build or are you just going at it and begging the wife's forgiveness after
Thanks, my wife already messaged me your reply before I even read it!!!Yes there is a budget, I’m already putting off the flybridge overhaul until next year to make way for motors and controls,this boat will mainly cost me a couple of my toys
What I will gain is the best dates cruising with my lovely wife!!!! Love you babeeeeeeee

Finally! Someone that understands that boats aren't WHITE. Drives me nuts seeing all these pods being custom powder coated with a blinding white and it does't match the hull whatsoever. Or maybe you just have lots of yellow light in the room and you've made the same error :(
It’s the light in the shop, and the cardboard it’s sitting on, it’s very close to matching colours. It’s more matched to the gel goat under the flybridge cover, and to the new gel coat on the transom. The rest of the boat seems faded to more of a flat white. Here the pod looks lighter colour compared to the hullFAE8EC50-C365-474C-B5A0-B3D7D5027F33.jpegED4915A3-D67B-4D8E-87E4-E404C5D5B937.jpeg

How about a shoutout to your glass guy?? Looks super well done, what are the plans for enclosing the deck?
Hell ya!!!! My boy Ron is the man!!!
First off, I love doing business with good people, people that care, people that have pride in their work, that’s the most important quality for me. Someone that Listens and understands the game plan before we even get started
This guy fits all these criteria.
Pm me for contact
Sorry Ron is booked for the next month Lmao

Back