Commander 26 Re Build

Well boys, I’m done
After going hard for the first 6 months, it’s been a slow grind with not much progress for a year and a half. And it seems like I just can’t find a solid run anymore. It’s gonna take me way too long to complete this project myself and I don’t really feel like babysitting another Ron anymore. I came a long way from being a fibreglass virgin and learnt a lot during this build about boats, but honestly I don’t even have time to watch a YouTube video on how to build a boat, been too busy with life, work and refreshing the forum page a million times a day. Obviously I’m upset with some of the work that was completed on this build under my watch but at the end of the day I’m very proud of my boat and my work. It’s time for me to let go of this build, get the boat out of my shop and have someone else complete it for me. I had my time and like I said, can’t seem to get a solid run going. I had a blast with this thread, lots of joking around, a rollercoaster of a ride and thanks to everyone for their input.
It’s time for me to give it up…
At least this way I might make it to WH with the commander next year

Will keep you guys updated on the status of the build,

It’s time for a drink,

Happy New Years

Cheers
Can not wait to see it done. Having just podded my boat, installing the rigging took me 4 days. Motors already bolted on!
The complete rebuild like you are doing is months of full time work.
Happy new year!!!!!!

I don't think most people realize how much work goes into building a boat.It's not just the physical construction,but finding the right materials,planning,expense (especially these days) and it's very time consuming.Nights awake thinking of what comes next and why it can't be done yet because your waiting on materials or some gelcoat to cure etc..I don't know how you could run a business and still have accomplished so much on this build .She's going to be gorgeous in the end and you should be very happy with her for years.I hope you can find a builder that cares about the end result as much as you do.

I don't think most people realize how much work goes into building a boat.It's not just the physical construction,but finding the right materials,planning,expense (especially these days) and it's very time consuming.Nights awake thinking of what comes next and why it can't be done yet because your waiting on materials or some gelcoat to cure etc..I don't know how you could run a business and still have accomplished so much on this build .She's going to be gorgeous in the end and you should be very happy with her for years.I hope you can find a builder that cares about the end result as much as you do.
This is so true. I have done some small and medium scale builds, and they can be all-consuming, mentally, temporally (time), and financially. Can’t imagine the dedication and frankly, the obsession required for something of this scale unless a guy was retired or could afford to take a lot time off work. I think there’s a lot of opportunity cost to every DIY project, especially if you run a profitable business. Looking forward to updates! I don’t think anyone who knows anything about building stuff would blame @Sttr for making this decision!

This is so true. I have done some small and medium scale builds, and they can be all-consuming, mentally, temporally (time), and financially. Can’t imagine the dedication and frankly, the obsession required for something of this scale unless a guy was retired or could afford to take a lot time off work. I think there’s a lot of opportunity cost to every DIY project, especially if you run a profitable business. Looking forward to updates! I don’t think anyone who knows anything about building stuff would blame @Sttr for making this decision!
Lots of guys have builds like this down south that take them 2-3 years to complete.
I just want this boat on the water, yesterday

And yes I agree

I built my 16 in a week of evenings and a few weekends and it served well for 20 years, but when it was time to rebuild my 23, I've never regretted putting it in the hands of the professionals at Blackline ---- especially pros known for quality and honesty vs. the pros who did butcher repairs to hide the underlying damage. Since then, I've had 17 years of trouble-free cruising and fishing. I wish that for Sttr.

And just like that, the commander is out my shop, out of my hands and on to the next step.

And you know I have to post a couple pics
Will call these before pics

View attachment 101394View attachment 101395

You've done a beautiful job up till now, 👏 👏 👏 no shame in passing the torch to someone to finish er off,
We'll all be waiting to see the finished masterpiece on the water when she done.

You just like the look because it make your chevy look bigger :)

Sorry if I'm not caught up, is Ron 3.0 doing the work for you at his place?
As soon as there is some work started on the boat and buddy is ok with it I will let ya’ll know where it’s at

Back