Commander 26 inbored

pod looks great nice work! What paint did you end up going with?

IMG_7615.jpeg
you should be just fine with a single divers mini centered on the back of the pod with it just above the V. Alternatively if you want to stick with 2 I usually mount them like the photo above about 2” up from the bottom and far enough off the transom to get your weld done. It’s hard to tell in your photo but it looked like the mounting surface was painted they need to make contact with the bare aluminum to work properly.

pod looks great nice work! What paint did you end up going with?

View attachment 105773
you should be just fine with a single divers mini centered on the back of the pod with it just above the V. Alternatively if you want to stick with 2 I usually mount them like the photo above about 2” up from the bottom and far enough off the transom to get your weld done. It’s hard to tell in your photo but it looked like the mounting surface was painted they need to make contact with the bare aluminum to work properly.
I epoxyxied it with interlux 2000, still need to bottom coat and top coat with brightside, than ultradeck on top. I had 2 plates welded on the back corners that weren't painted. You can see where the welds we're but they were in the way.

Attachments

• 20240501_180046.jpg
    20240501_180046.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 44
Back