Canucks: 2011/2012

I agree that they needed some toughness. I liked Coho. Thought the odd man out was going to be Mason Raymond or possible Sneids.

I'll bet Gillis's choice was to let Mason go over Hodgsen....probably couldn't find anyone interested in Mason for the right type of player in return.

I'll bet Gillis's choice was to let Mason go over Hodgsen....probably couldn't find anyone interested in Mason for the right type of player in return.

I am sure you are right there. I guess "you have to give something to get something" is still true most of the time.

the weiner is in net eh?, mite have to change that to 3-2 then,lol, i just got off the river and didnt look at the line-up yet...hmmmm.....holmes*

Is that regulation, ot or shootout?

I'm going nucks 4-3 in the shootout.

that was regulation....weiner playing well as usual, why couldn't they have traded him,lol.
:):D....holmes*
Bet he wants back that big fat rebound he let out....... it's the Weiner we'll let it slip unless your name is Lou..... :D

Still a good road trip 8 out of possible 12...longest trip of the year. Now 7 at home.

I can't complain with that one...
emo-coffee.gif

Good game..

I think St. Loueey is one of the more dangerous out there...

Yeah, was a pretty tight game and well played for the most part I think. If we can consolidate our 'scoring-punch' again down the stretch and Lou can keep his wits about him, we'll be in good shape going into the post-season again and should be a contender.

Edler could prove the best D-man the Nucks ever had; he's growing leaps & bounds every season.

Still haven't recovered from the Hodgeson trade; liked the kid a lot (don't think we've seen more than a glimpse of his potential yet) and believe this transaction could go down as among the worst the Nucks ever made. Right up there with the Neely deal.

On the upside, I'm real glad they've still got the 'Wiener' on board cause if Lou pulls another one of his patented 'melt-downs' when the going gets tough, Cory will be ready and lets just hope the coach has the balls to put him in this year if he has to.

I think Lou will be on a shorter leash in the playoffs this year. If he struggles at all I think V will put Cory in pronto and make him a starter the next game....he has earned the chance to shine in the playoffs.

Really? The guy has been lights out for a couple of months. He has ONE bad game, and gets thrown under the bus? Wow. I'm not the biggest Lou fan, but he's been playing well lately and I hope he can keep it up. He looks good. I just hope the team in front of him starts waking up. It's almost time to start cranking it up a bit for the playoffs. Dallas is a team we could see in the first round. I'd love for the Canucks to make a statement tonight and blow the Stars out. I say 4-1 Nucks.

really? The guy has been lights out for a couple of months. He has one bad game, and gets thrown under the bus? Wow. I'm not the biggest lou fan, but he's been playing well lately and i hope he can keep it up. He looks good. I just hope the team in front of him starts waking up. It's almost time to start cranking it up a bit for the playoffs. Dallas is a team we could see in the first round. I'd love for the canucks to make a statement tonight and blow the stars out. I say 4-1 nucks.

x2 ...... :) :)

Not a Lu fan either but he has been playing well. Tough to be him with that contract and a backup who has better numbers across the board, means he's pretty much guaranteed to get no slack. Used to be a Raymond fan but hasn't produced at all this year and really liked how Kassian looked up on the second line. We definitely need to get our scoring depth rolling going into the playoffs, that was more our achilles heel last year than Lu's off games. We won't be going deep again if we have to rely on the twins every game and every series.

Back