Canucks: 2011/2012

One lousy icing call costs us a win. Gordie Howe today could have got to that before it crossed the line.

I'm sad to see CoHo get traded, but it will be all good this summer when Kassian is parading the cup along the sea wall. IMO the canucks did really well this trade deadline!!

Sad to see Coho go as well. But he was never going to be a top 2 center on this team. He was't going to beat out either Hank or Kes. So he'd be 3rd line for the next 4-5 years. That would be a waste of his talent. I think the Canucks did him a huge favor. He'll get top 6 minutes every night now. Canucks get a bigger forward in return. Hopefully he gets better and better with time. He's got the tools to be a big, bruising forward. Apparently his hands are good too. Maybe in a year or so we can compare his style to Lucic. Has already said he loves sticking up for his team mates. Hopefully he'll make guys think twice about speed bagging a Sedin.

I think the D-man was the key. He was the leader in Buffalo in +/- at +10. He was huge in their first round loss last year. Definitely gives us more depth on the back end. He was an all-star in the AHL. I know it's only the AHL, but he seems to be a big (6'2") d-man who can move the puck. As we saw last year, when you lose d-men, you're in trouble.

I think the winner of this trade won't be known for a couple of years. Although, if we win the cup this year, who cares who wins the trade. I think Gillis has let it be known that he is going for the cup now. Not later. I hope it works, because if Coho becomes a great player in this league and we don't win in the next 2-3 years, Gillis will be hung by the fans and media here.

Gragnani had 60 points in 63 AHL games last year and 7 points in 7 playoff games in the NHL last year. Looks like he's got some offensive potential for a d man.

I'm sad to see CoHo get traded, but it will be all good this summer when Kassian is parading the cup along the sea wall. IMO the canucks did really well this trade deadline!!

I agree... Sad to see him go but good that he will maybe get to a spot that will let him reach his potential.. I was not expecting the Canucks to be the news of the trade deadline.

Interesting times ahead.. I like what they have done.

Back