Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Nice clean little de 166. I still can’t get over pricing since Covid started. Never came back down. I remember a 166 would rarely get to 10k. This would’ve been like 8k 5 years ago. Now I think it’s basically market value today.

I’m going to have a tough time boat shopping with these prices.

Anyone have experience with these 90 hp honda engines...............good?
Ran them as a pair on my 22' heavy aluminum fishmaster boat at the Lodge 3-4000 hours before we traded them out and they were still running strong. Hope the one I just bought on my new to me CDory lasts half that long.

Nice clean little de 166. I still can’t get over pricing since Covid started. Never came back down. I remember a 166 would rarely get to 10k. This would’ve been like 8k 5 years ago. Now I think it’s basically market value today.

I think it's a supply and demand problem? Do fibreglass boats around that age usually have rot and aren't worth fixing if they were moored? Pedder Bay has a bunch of hulls laying around that look like 16 DE. They likely have been keeping their boat rather than flipping them and same with lodges, build aluminums and run them longer?

The number of boat makers and affordable boats being sold new and used continues to decline. The $1000 tinny isn't being made or sold any more. Big companies make so little on small boats they stop making the c-dory 16 despite its popularity as a fuel efficient hard top, not sure what the smallest Boston whalef is these days?

That double eagle seems cheap to me from a cost of ownership perspective and if it's a well kept cream puff, but she's a pretty old engine, but looks sweet w that stainless prop, that seem to be over a grand to buy new these days.

Big boats and new boats during a recession are another matter. Lots of price drops especially moored ones. A new c-dory 25 with air-conditioning was at a dealer for 220usd and has seen price drops to $169k usd and the dealer is saying make reasonable offer. Only 2 used 25 c-dorys for sale in North America right now, both will likely sell quick as there are tons of boat shoppers in theory. But coming up with 20k cad or 100k ,which a 19 year old c-dory 25 will cost, isn't easy even for the guys I know are shopping in that price range, thankfully they can take their time.

26 tolly 22k and he has to pay moorage every month. Might be worth making an offer if someone can stomach the inboard cost. 10 foot beam.

80k usd for a cool looking aluminum with a new 300hp yami https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/stanwood-26-foot-custom-built-aluminum/7749463914.html

55k usd for 3 yamis, trailer doesn’t look to be EOH

you and me both buddy

How can you tell that its raw water cooled - I can't see much from the single engine shot. Seems crazy to have raw water cooling on an ocean fishing boat - isn't there a conversion kit?

(sorry - this was from the 2001 Trophy with the 350 Mercruiser, a few pages back)

How can you tell that its raw water cooled - I can't see much from the single engine shot. Seems crazy to have raw water cooling on an ocean fishing boat - isn't there a conversion kit?

(sorry - this was from the 2001 Trophy with the 350 Mercruiser, a few pages back)

Fresh water cooling will have a larger tank/reservoir/heat exchanger at the forward end of the motor spanning transversely, like as pictured in @brutus post's link.

In the Trophy's pics you can see the thermostat housing with the cooling hoses but no reservoir/exchanger present, thus raw water cooling only.

Back