Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Not your big swinging d*** West Coast Fishing rig, but I agree, I think they check a lot of boxes. And they sure are shiny.
if it had the longer transom lip to put a kicker on the same plane as the main, even better. It would troll fine with the main though.

At M&P I suppose. I like this thing.

View attachment 106192
View attachment 106191View attachment 106190View attachment 106189View attachment 106188View attachment 106187
Wonder what their pricing looks like. The USA retail price looked good for boats with a 9’6” beam.

What’s the reviews on the 150 G2 etecs?

79k USD for a C-dory tomcat. Only thing it’s missing is cockpit canvas

What’s the reviews on the 150 G2 etecs?

79k USD for a C-dory tomcat. Only thing it’s missing is cockpit canvas

Oh nice, that's a sweet looking rig!

I personally would run those G2 ETECs....I've used a few ETECs myself and been on water taxis and crew boats with them and the newer ones (like these G2s) seem very good and very economical. Use the fact that the brand is discontinued/on hiatus/whatever as a negotiating tool and then run those motors for years.

The big weakness of the Bayliner Pilothouse seems to be that there is no nice way to mount a kicker (at least nothing acceptable on such a pretty boat).
I saw some really interesting brackets on the Junneau's made of 1" tubing. They had mounting positions on two seperate areas of the swim grid that formed a cage and then the flat mounting portion welded to those. Far different then your normal brackets made of flat plates.

Picked up an 87 17' Arima last June, and loving it so far. Some design quirks to wrap your head around, but isn't that true of any boat? It's getting a repower next week.
Post up a picture! :)
I have owned a few 17 Arima's over the years - the Swiss army knife of boats in my opinion. I love my current 21 Arima, but it doesn't do much that the 17 wouldn't do

Post up a picture! :)
I have owned a few 17 Arima's over the years - the Swiss army knife of boats in my opinion. I love my current 21 Arima, but it doesn't do much that the 17 wouldn't do
I was told by someone I have a lot of respect for the the semi-flat bottom makes it pound really hard in the chop -- any insight there from your experience?

I was told by someone I have a lot of respect for the the semi-flat bottom makes it pound really hard in the chop -- any insight there from your experience?
Add trim tabs and slow down - problem solved. I fished the 17's out of Ukee every Summer for 13 years and had to go slower going back home on most days, but I also spent a lot less time at the fuel dock than most of those who passed me on the way. My Arima 21 rides significantly softer, and is fuel efficient for a 21, but nowhere near as efficient as the 17.

What you putting on the back?
Going from a 1998 Honda 75 carbed, 3400 hours to a new Honda 100. Up at Pacific Playground right now and that 75 didn't miss a beat this week. Bittersweet to see it come off, and to have done my last run with it... but killer calm day yesterday so opened it up to WOT one last time on the way back from Mittlenatch/Sentry Shoals.

Arima's can pound a bit in the chop for sure, but as stated trim tabs help with this a lot. Also just shifting weight like tackle boxes, ice, anchor etc forward. Some guys have converted them to a belly tank and that is apparently a game changer - gething all the fuel out of the stern and down low and centered. Not a requirement though and mine is still fuel in the back as per stock. These are not intended to be a deep V speed demon, they are intended to be super stable and not roll a lot at trolling speeds, and as stated - fuel efficient with a smaller outboard. I spend way more time trolling than I do running, so it works for me. Slow down tabs down when I need to.

Considering all the overpriced junk out there, this seems like a steal.
I like the style but after walking around one it felt tight.
No hard top is a tough one unless you want the multi purpose family boat which it would be good

I like the style but after walking around one it felt tight.
No hard top is a tough one unless you want the multi purpose family boat which it would be good
I agree, compared to other boats in it's size class (pursuit 2470 and Grady 232), I thought it also felt cramped

Back