Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

After going back and forth a million times, I decided to list my boat. It’s very well kept. Dm me for any questions

Amazing, from the batteries to the solar to the cut-out for you feet/knees at the helm. I rarely see 25-foot boats that blow mine out of the water and yours does. That is perfect for cruising the coast, crossing over to Haida Gwaii. Replacement costs would be close to 1/2 a million I bet, a C-Dory with a 200hp outboard is 200k, and this is 2x as good plus some; with the beam, more hp, fully outfitted. Sending it to a buddy right now and it is in his price range and he likes inboards.

What are you switching too?

Amazing, from the batteries to the solar to the cut-out for you feet/knees at the helm. I rarely see 25-foot boats that blow mine out of the water and yours does. That is perfect for cruising the coast, crossing over to Haida Gwaii. Replacement costs would be close to 1/2 a million I bet, a C-Dory with a 200hp outboard is 200k, and this is 2x as good plus some; with the beam, more hp, fully outfitted. Sending it to a buddy right now and it is in his price range and he likes inboards.

What are you switching too?
Yep it’s pretty much the perfect west coast cruiser! No Solar tho, could certainly be installed.
I’ll likely be boatless for a bit; but will upgrade to something a bit more fishing friendly with outboards (kingfisher style). I spend a lot on maintenance and the parts for the Volvo are starting to get a bit pricey. Although all the big things have been replaced in the last 5 years (jets, turbo, after cooler, fuel pump, water pump). The enclosed cabin is awesome. I’ve gone on multiple overnight trips and it’s been amazing.

Yep it’s pretty much the perfect west coast cruiser! No Solar tho, could certainly be installed.
I’ll likely be boatless for a bit; but will upgrade to something a bit more fishing friendly with outboards (kingfisher style). I spend a lot on maintenance and the parts for the Volvo are starting to get a bit pricey. Although all the big things have been replaced in the last 5 years (jets, turbo, after cooler, fuel pump, water pump). The enclosed cabin is awesome. I’ve gone on multiple overnight trips and it’s been amazing.

What does the Lynnwood part in the write-up infer? Did they enclose the back with the Alaskan bulkhead?

I figured out what the cabin and forward raked windshield on that 20'Hourston reminded me of, the Cope 23 Winter Harbour forward cabin. Minimal cabin, maximum dance floor.

View attachment 87528View attachment 87527
Only the hourston looks stupid with the upward sweep of the hull just ending in the middle of nowhere. I think it's ugly.

Great refit job but not a fan of the design. Not sure why the hardtop would end right where the rear facing seats are. Also i think a couple pedestal swivel seats would be more ideal for fishing.

Other than building a new hardtop instead of re-using the existing one, once you forward rake the windshield, the roof will not cover the original area at the back anymore.

I was figuring go dam slow, still cost you thousands but take a couple of buddies. Head down when the weather is still good. Switch them out in LAX/ channel islands. Agreed, cheaper to ship but funner to cruise down. There is a C-Dory that trailers down, launches a little further north on the inside sea of cortez, which is what I'd be doing.
There is nothing big about a 38 Bertram, especially on an offshore voyage, between the pukin and underequipped vessel you'd be up day and night makin that thing run and not dying. There would be no fun, and the cost to make such a vessel safe for offshore would be prohibitive.

There is nothing big about a 38 Bertram, especially on an offshore voyage, between the pukin and underequipped vessel you'd be up day and night makin that thing run and not dying. There would be no fun, and the cost to make such a vessel safe for offshore would be prohibitive.
You're such a downer. I think it's a great idea and he should film the whole thing. :oops:

Didn't seem like the right vessel. Not much shelter between bc and mexico. I also don't get the impression there is much to do along the way. Nothing like heading up to Juneau as far as site seeing...

If I need a Professional Opinion on building somethin, I'll call🤣 or how not to🤔. I guess you'd need them to survive in order to see the movie?
I thought of that actually. The video needs to upload to the cloud along the way.

Back