Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Curious about what is different about the 19' Arima vs DE 185 and 542?
The Arima has a bigger back deck,very well built.This 2008 one had a near new 150 Yamaha,kicker etc. it was a no brainer to buy,can't lose.
Some will say they don't ride as well,probably so,but great stable boats when fishing.The new power and "as new" condition was the main attraction for me.

He responded to me and said that I don’t have enough money for a bag of pucks. Which is true because we just bought a house hahaha.

regardless it seems like a scam and I could never buy a boat that has sunk. Boats that have sunk will sink again
I have bought 2 boats in the last 10 years that were sunk. Both had Yamaha outboards on them that were flushed and ran immediately. That’s a bonus. On both engines I pulled starters and had them gone over and on one I replaced the entire wiring harness, rectifier etc with a used one as it had sat a while and had signs of green wiring death. Both of them I completely rewired and installed new electronics.

I had the one for 8 years, never missed a beat. I sold it when I bought the other. I am 3 years into it now and it runs like a top.

Both boats sank by owners mistakes. Not a fault of the boat.

I personally look at the situation and go from there. IMHO most boats unless they are rotten or poor design are fixable. I liked getting a good deal and putting it back together from there.

The Arima has a bigger back deck,very well built.This 2008 one had a near new 150 Yamaha,kicker etc. it was a no brainer to buy,can't lose.
Some will say they don't ride as well,probably so,but great stable boats when fishing.The new power and "as new" condition was the main attraction for me.
Yep, that was a no brainer if you could only have laid hands on it before sending money into space. Best looking deal in some time.

How would that thing handle 150hp? Figured this would need a 200 minimum?

Also any other general reviews on these hulls?
In my opinion it needs a lot more power, I have no idea how that thing only has a 150. Maybe it works for him but for anything I can imagine using it for, needs at least another 100 ponies

How would that thing handle 150hp? Figured this would need a 200 minimum?

Also any other general reviews on these hulls?
It LOA is only 24 feet but it has an 8 foot Beam, it doesn't have lot of stuff in the cabin but it is not a stripped down boat. With the radar arch, drawers and a full tank it likely has some weight to it. I think it would have trouble hitting 25kn loaded but likely could do 20.

I can't see trim tabs. If you and two of your buddies weight over 600lbs I could see it being way underpowered but if you and the wife weight under 400 and you don't load it up it could perform ok.

Back