Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

2000 Boston Whaler Conquest. $48,000.

View attachment 62819

Pretty sure this Whaler pre-dates the Conquest line. This boat looks like it's from the early 1990s era of Whalers (when Boston Whaler was owned by Reebok shoes). I'll dig up some more info

EDIT:
This boat is an early 1990s Boston Whaler Walkaround 23ft. Here's a pic of a similar vessel:
Whaler23WA.jpg

I love Whalers, but $48,000 for a 30 year old Whaler with an old-school 2-stroke on the back? I'll pass

Last edited:
Thats the green ******* lol go easy on me boys. Time to move it down the road.
Next to be listed will be the 18' Hourston hull you can see in the background of one of the pics. Bare hull now all wood was toast its all gone. New 4 ply transom is in and stringers have been scribed to the hull but cold weather stopped me there last year. Hull has a sweet trailer to go with it as well, mint condition.
Any body interested in a project? Got to clear out the driveway before new to me boat gets here !

Pretty sure this Whaler pre-dates the Conquest line. This boat looks like it's from the early 1990s era of Whalers (when Boston Whaler was owned by Reebok shoes). I'll dig up some more info

EDIT:
This boat is an early 1990s Boston Whaler Walkaround 23ft. Here's a pic of a similar vessel:
View attachment 62820

I love Whalers, but $48,000 for a 30 year old Whaler with an old-school 2-stroke on the back? I'll pass
Are you sure it is a 2 stroke? It does suggest Mercury Sea Pro, which I thought was the newer version.

Are you sure it is a 2 stroke? It does suggest Mercury Sea Pro, which I thought was the newer version.

No, I can't be certain. The reference to EFI was the first big clue...the EFI two-strokes bridged the gap between carb'd motors and the Optis. The first pic of the boat shows the motor cowl a bit and it looks like the classic shape of the Mercury V6s from the mid-1990s until the Optis came along.

Last edited:
No, I can't be certain. The reference to EFI was the first big clue...the EFI two-strokes bridged the gap between carb'd motors and the Optis. The first pic of the boat shows the motor cowl a bit and it looks like the classic shape of the Mercury V6s from the mid-1990s through the Optis.
Agreed, those aren't the new seapro outboards. The new ones have very distinctive top cowls and those aint them. Also, it says the 30 is a seapro which makes no sense. You would be better off now days with a 15 prolicker. Don't believe they even badge a 30 with the seapro logo. Another note, seapros are sold to commercial applications and that whaler doesn't have commercial numbers.

Agreed, those aren't the new seapro outboards. The new ones have very distinctive top cowls and those aint them. Also, it says the 30 is a seapro which makes no sense. You would be better off now days with a 15 prolicker. Don't believe they even badge a 30 with the seapro logo. Another note, seapros are sold to commercial applications and that whaler doesn't have commercial numbers.

Yeah, for me the major misrepresentation of the boat itself raises red flags. The engines described may or may not have actually been made. I know for certain that Fraser River Pile & Dredge uses Mercury SeaPro 25 2-strokes based on the legendary 2-cylinder motor Merc has made for decades. Maybe they offered a 30hp version too? But even that seems unlikely because commercial offerings are usually tuned down a bit for longevity. Just looked at the current offerings for SeaPro in Canada...15hp, 40hp, and 60hp, and all EFI 4-strokes.

Who knows. I like looking at boats. Carry on.

Yeah, for me the major misrepresentation of the boat itself raises red flags. The engines described may or may not have actually been made. I know for certain that Fraser River Pile & Dredge uses Mercury SeaPro 25 2-strokes based on the legendary 2-cylinder motor Merc has made for decades. Maybe they offered a 30hp version too? But even that seems unlikely because commercial offerings are usually tuned down a bit for longevity. Just looked at the current offerings for SeaPro in Canada...15hp, 40hp, and 60hp, and all EFI 4-strokes.

Has anyone looked at the parts list of a seapro vs no reg merc? I'm curious what parts are actually different.

Agreed, hence the posts of boats that are at least close, or a specialty type. This market has brought out all levels of expectations though.

Back