Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I was out on a GW 282 yesterday and the owner didn't want to fish in the washingmachine of rollers at the mouth of barkley sound, I was fine with it, but yes keep your options open. That seems like a good deal but 1993 design and older engines, cost to bring down... I'm not sure? It is definitely a wicked boat for someone!
Lol what does the fact that the owner didn't want to fish in a washing machine have to do with anything? Obviously the boat could handle it, some people prefer not puking

My current boat is a bayliner 18’
There compromised ! Lol
With a Chrysler head unit on a merc leg ( last year of the Force line ) been a good boat motor makes lots of power 120 horse but no resale value like none lol
But it’s not the boat for big blue except on nice days but it gets me in the game
Trophy has nice lines but don’t want inboards prolines are nice but not sure about them will probably look if there are a couple for sale next year if there are a couple in the 23’ category
But the fit and finish of the Grady has caught my eye and it checks most of the boxes especially the resale part

Pursuits are nice I will admit but sure aren’t many around

I'm going to step in here as I'm currently looking for a Pursuit 255OS. I have looked at 2 very recently, both offered as the best boats ever, and both had transom damage where rhe engines mount. For sure, the one I looked at personally had impact damage on both sets of upper outboard mounting holes. It's crystal clear, I found it in the first 5 minutes I was there but of course, the folks on the other side of the deal were all shocked.

This aside, I wonder if the engines were pod mounted instead of transom, the impact damage to the transom would be diminished. For the boat I saw in person last Wednesday, there can be no doubt the transom is seriously compromised. Why the owner didn't call their insurance Co to fix this prior to asking way past top of market is crazy. Screenshot_20240608_070534_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240608_070521_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240608_070459_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240608_070443_Gallery.jpg

There's a second 255 OS on offer out of province, freshwater boat, and it shows similar, but less perhaps, issues:Screenshot_20240608_070849_Gallery.jpg

I'm 99% sure pursuit uses wood in their transom and rebuilding one would be a real pain in the butt due to the little amount of space given away to the euro style of transom.

Last edited:
I'm going to step in here as I'm currently looking for a Pursuir 255OS. I have looked at 2 very recently, both offered as the best boats ever, and both had transom damage where rhe engines mount. For sure, the one I looked at personally had impact damage on both sets of upper outboard mounting holes. It's crystal clear, I found it in the first 5 minutes I was there but of course, the folks on the other side of the deal were all shocked.

This aside, I wonder if the engines were pod mounted instead of transom, the impact damage to the transom would be diminished. For the boat I saw in person last Wednesday, there can be no doubt the transom is seriously compromised. Why the owner didn't call their insurance Co to fix this prior to asking way past top of market is crazy. View attachment 106980View attachment 106981View attachment 106982View attachment 106983

There's a second 255 OS on offer out of province, freshwater boat, and it shows similar, but less perhaps, issues:View attachment 106984

I'm 99% sure pursuit uses wood in their transom and rebuilding one would be a real pain in the butt due to the little amount of space given away to the euro style of transom.
Pays to know your shtt, good eye that’s why they gotta be inspected with a fine tooth comb
If I don’t do my pre trips properly people could die including me !
Big logging trucks see much heavier use than a boat but it’s the same principle
Know your shtt and don’t skimp on the looking and touching and loving 🥰

Back