Best campground marnia poll

Never had a problem yet ,but I have thought about it.

Never had a problem yet ,but I have thought about it.

Great thread!
I'm sorry to hear about the state of the Port Renfrew operation-last I was there (5 years ago) it was somewhat basic but I was assured that it was to be upgraded.
If it's really the pork 'n bean show as mentioned I won't be going back anytime soon that's for sure.
The carcasses problem is just laziness on the management's part and could cause them problems if someone blows the whistle.
That river is Salmon habitat and if Fisheries takes exception to their disposal of fish waste-read "introducing a substance deleterious to fish habitat' they could have a short sharp wake up call.
I was recently at a location that has a lot to offer but have been asked by the person who took me not to post anything on the net-campground was the pits but fishing was excellent.

that's why there's a warranty!

Great thread!
I'm sorry to hear about the state of the Port Renfrew operation-last I was there (5 years ago) it was somewhat basic but I was assured that it was to be upgraded.
If it's really the pork 'n bean show as mentioned I won't be going back anytime soon that's for sure.
The carcasses problem is just laziness on the management's part and could cause them problems if someone blows the whistle.
That river is Salmon habitat and if Fisheries takes exception to their disposal of fish waste-read "introducing a substance deleterious to fish habitat' they could have a short sharp wake up call.
I was recently at a location that has a lot to offer but have been asked by the person who took me not to post anything on the net-campground was the pits but fishing was excellent.

that's why there's a warranty!

We motor up to Sooke Harbor Marina and then hit the Sooke Community Park Campground. That is a really nice park. And the fishing off Sooke is pretty good! And with the Castle right across the street, the beer is always cold!

It's good to have friends.
It's better to have friends with boats.

We motor up to Sooke Harbor Marina and then hit the Sooke Community Park Campground. That is a really nice park. And the fishing off Sooke is pretty good! And with the Castle right across the street, the beer is always cold!

It's good to have friends.
It's better to have friends with boats.

just got back from china creek and it was great got 3 30s 2 20s and 7 fish in the teens. nice campground but it is very busy.

beachcomber NANOOSE

just got back from china creek and it was great got 3 30s 2 20s and 7 fish in the teens. nice campground but it is very busy.

beachcomber NANOOSE

GO NORTH YOUNG MAN!. We have been fish'n Port Hardy for the last 4yrs. IV and his crew @ the Quarterdeck marina are truly hard to beat. They offer a full service marina with works yard but unfotunatly do not have an on-site campground... but there are several nice ones literaly only 3min. drive, just drop the camper!.
The docks are real nice with power and water hoses to keep blood build-up minimal. The charter fleet all seem proffesional, a few are somewhat "clicky" but the magority are quite neighbourly. Alot of the clientele are repeats throughout the season wich in turn creates an afternoon ambiance on the warf that needs to be expierianced to be aprieciated (pot-luck barbies, tales of woe and victory and the infamous 5:01 happy hour club). Then there is the on-site pub in case your feeling "lazy" about cooking dinner. We went up this year late July > early August fished 8 days in total and had limits for 4 on all species, saloman, halli, snapper, lings... It can get busy @ the local fish'n holes mainly on weekends but a little study session on the charts can and does rectify this problem...LOTS of places to fish!. If it wasn't for the camping thing I'd givem a perfect 10 instead of a 9.75. These people truly have the knack for making you feel at home. hope this helps.

Good luck and greater fish'n.

GO NORTH YOUNG MAN!. We have been fish'n Port Hardy for the last 4yrs. IV and his crew @ the Quarterdeck marina are truly hard to beat. They offer a full service marina with works yard but unfotunatly do not have an on-site campground... but there are several nice ones literaly only 3min. drive, just drop the camper!.
The docks are real nice with power and water hoses to keep blood build-up minimal. The charter fleet all seem proffesional, a few are somewhat "clicky" but the magority are quite neighbourly. Alot of the clientele are repeats throughout the season wich in turn creates an afternoon ambiance on the warf that needs to be expierianced to be aprieciated (pot-luck barbies, tales of woe and victory and the infamous 5:01 happy hour club). Then there is the on-site pub in case your feeling "lazy" about cooking dinner. We went up this year late July > early August fished 8 days in total and had limits for 4 on all species, saloman, halli, snapper, lings... It can get busy @ the local fish'n holes mainly on weekends but a little study session on the charts can and does rectify this problem...LOTS of places to fish!. If it wasn't for the camping thing I'd givem a perfect 10 instead of a 9.75. These people truly have the knack for making you feel at home. hope this helps.

sounds awsome!
china creek is 2 crowded! and the inlet is also!

beachcomber NANOOSE
Bin there done that and I do agree. If youre lookin for crouds go to the PNE!

sounds awsome!
china creek is 2 crowded! and the inlet is also!

beachcomber NANOOSE
Bin there done that and I do agree. If youre lookin for crouds go to the PNE!

Mr Dean thanks very much for your reply.This is were I'll be going next year,I'll probably go up in the early spring and check things out.Do you know the names of any of the camp spots?

Mr Dean thanks very much for your reply.This is were I'll be going next year,I'll probably go up in the early spring and check things out.Do you know the names of any of the camp spots?

Hey Casper!. I'm just pack'n-up the camper&boat heading for Squamish... Wish me luck. I'll call a friend in P.H. and post a list early next week.

Hey Casper!. I'm just pack'n-up the camper&boat heading for Squamish... Wish me luck. I'll call a friend in P.H. and post a list early next week.

Thanks

Back