Bamfield Halibut Holes

• Thread starter Thread starter SlabOn
  • Start date Start date
S

SlabOn

Would appreciate any starting way points for seven mile, twelve mile, 24 mile & 25 mile. Never caught a halibut would really like to give it a shot, any help would be great!
Thanks

I to have a smaller boat 17.5 ' lowe and I too would like an area where I could catch a But...I will be headed over to Bam on the 21 ..is there any where in Barkley Sound where one can go to try and Catch one and what would one use for a setup ...JIGS?...anyone?

Doesn't seem to matter.. go out there on a bank drop a line and jig.. you'll get one eventually. Up on the flats is always a good bet. If you don't get one in the first hour.. you might want to try moving. A day charter I took out picked up 12 Hali's at (24 mile) La Parouse a week ago, then the next group took 9 in a day, and the latest took 5, but they were all larger the biggest was a 45 smallest a 20. [8D] I guess you could say I'm into them hot any heavy right now.

It's not a place you want to mess around with though, make sure you pay attention to the weather forcasts, have all your safety gear, and a reliable boat. It can be nice there all day or it can come up and get ugly fast!

PS it is Fogust up there right now, keep that in mind.

Back