Alberni Inlet Reports

up early this morning ready to go fishing, i thought id send an update.Fishing was slow early morning but managed to get into four fish yesterday, 3 on bait,one on army truck coyote.This has been an awesome week off with more than 22 fish landed.by the way the cohoes are here, and there big too

lance

trying to post pics
Lance

silverbullet77

silverbullet77

silverbullet77

hey kelly by any chance were u at china creek saturday morning? I was there cleaning fish and i wasnt sure if it was you or not.
Chris(dirty-hooker)

yea that was me shoulda said hi. Oh wait was that you i was talking to? You guys did well that morning we fished hard and only scraped one. Did you get out there on sunday it was hot

Just got back from 5 days at the cabin.
Fished Pill Point and another secret spot almost exlusivly.
4 days, 2 boats, 32 fish, 415 Lbs total.
Had a hard time getting ones smaller than 77cm but couldn't find any over 22 Lbs. Best day was 8 springs in one boat in 5 hours.
Lost as many as we caught. We figure the fish are hitting the bait with thier heads to stun it and getting the hooks fouled in the side of the face so when they run, they peel line off but just turn thier heads and the fish is gone. Very frustrating but fun anyway.
Seemed to bite on most things we put down (white hoochie, tiger prawn, anchovie, purple haze hoochie). Between 20ft & 60ft. Morning bite was best and on cloudy and rainy days. When the full moon was up on a clear night the fishing died off the next day as expected. Had two double headers on a sunny day when fishing near the tide line crap (kelp, logs, junk). Should be good this weekend with the turn in weather for the derby.
Keep your hooks sharp, 2MD

Fished Lone tree to China creek today went 4 for 8 !!!!their back !!!!:D

Hey Steely - albernifisher - how deep and what were you using?

Tom

Same depths but with more on deeper lines 32 and down
All 8 today on Hootchies today pinks and green spatterbacks

Hey Kelly, Yea that was me who u were talking to at the station, i kinda had a feeling that was you. Yea we got the three saturday and sunday my dad and i went out in the orca and we got 4 springs same size.
Chris(dirty-hooker)

Just got back from three days in Port Alberni had a great trip with Slivers Charters out of Port Alberni. many hookups each day! Took this newbie awhile to get the hang of those knuckle busters! but we had enough fish by the end of the trip that the fifty lb limit for air line frieght was no problem.50LB of pure west coast salmon fillets rest in my freezer on the lonely Canadian priaries at this moment.Most of our fish came off of China Creek 40-60feet over100ft bottom.geen and glow,red and gold dodgers,with pink,pink with white stripe,red,white hoochies. With the odd anchovie being run behind new UV flasher.Biggest thing I noticed was that some days the speed seemd to be critical 1.8-2.7mph.
Also spent one day in Barkley off of Kirby point on Diana Island Boats were picking Up Coho,Chum and Lots of Big 25lb+ Chinook.
You folks that get to do this regularily have my depest envy!;~)
Bill

REWARD!OFFERED!
Lost one brown leather and mesh Australian style Outback hat in the area of cous creek,Stamp narrows,lone tree.Blew off my head and it has sentimental value.
Bill

Anybody fished the Inlet since the derby? Thinking about going down Friday morning. Hopefully they will have moved back in after the comm. opening. Thanks in advance for any reports.;) eman

I'm going out tomorrow am (Thursday) for awhile. I'll post tomorrow night with results.

Tom

I was there this morning...showed up a little late. The seiners were between Lone Tree and China Creek, so I went past China Creek to the narrows. Didn't see 1 fish taken (I wasn't there for 1st light, so maybe a few were taken then). It looks like it'll be too windy to fish Qualicum tomorrow, so I guess I'll give Alberni another try.

Fished the Lone Tree area this morning from 6:30 to 9:00...1 hit, landed a nice 20 lb chromer. Jimi Hendrix at 50'. Did not see any other fish.
What are people's thoughts...is it over or will there be another wave of fish?

Dan

Well I'm sure hoping there's another wave and coho should be right behind them. And I must say you got me on the Jimi Hendrix[B)]But then it came to me. Purple Haze:D very good;) eman

Back