Alberni Inlet Reports

Slow, Saturday. Was decent mid week last week. Slowed on the weekend. Another week or so and things should be getting good.

Sheldon

Yeah, fished sunday. Polly through to China Creek. Only saw two fish caught on the day

Went out this morning started fishing at bells bay and fished to china creek. Picked up one first thing at bells then another at underwood. There was a decent bite first thing but other then that pretty slow. One was 23lb and the other was just under 20.
Chris(dirty-hooker)

right on i was gettin worried. Only 9 days till im in china creek. Sounds like lotsa fish holding offshore and few in the sound. Should been game on pretty soon. :D:D:D

I stopped by the ramp today on my way through town and talked to the survey girls...fish are coming in from as close to town as the Harbour. Apparently one guy got a 36 and 42 at Coulson's this morning. One guy was cleaning a 20 and 26 while I was there, caught right in the harbour.
I'm heading up to fish Lone Tree Saturday morning.

Thats good to hear. Well fish nahmint to town. Not to worried about numbers ill be happy with a few fish a morning.Hopefully see you guys on the water

The 22 - 28th has always been my best success fishing Alberni. Here's to catching some Hawgs. See you there, heading out tomorrow or Saturday.

I was at CC marina today (16th) and there were lots of folks cleaning fish. Seems it isn't 100% on yet but getting better day by day. The springs seem to be quite dark. Haven't seen a coho yet; guess it's too early.
Tom

Went out this morning, awesome bite happening because of the rain. My buddy and I had our limit of 4 springs by 8am. We got a 16lb 2 20's and a 30. Smoking hot fishing boys
Chris(dirtyhooker)

hey guys......heading out there tomorrow......i guess all the rumors i've been hearing at work are true.......apparently lots of fish out there in the canal right now!!!
cheers spilly

gillnet opening Monday and Tuesday nights from China Creek to the river, might put a damper on things, interesting to see the catch results, should be posted somewhere.

Fished coulsons this morning, managed to boat 3 springs and lost one to a seal. biggest was 33lb but dark and the other two were teen chromers. Not quite as impressive as yesterday morning but decent fishing indeed. Fished outa the old mans boat this morning(orca) but going back to the 16 lund tomorrow so gimmie aholler if u see me, or a ring ding on the VHS as dirty hooker or Chris.
Cya out there
Chris

Fished Lone Tree to Coulson's from 6 to 11. Saw a few fish taken first thing, but pretty scarce. Low slack at 10:00 I lost an easy 30+ right at the boat. We landed a 24 about 5 mins later. Several other fish taken by other boats around the same time...should've slept in and just hit the tide change. Hopefully this rain will bring in another wave of fish...if it keeps raining it could be a slow derby this year[V].

Seems to me that if you're not on the water damn early, 6 or so, forget it 'cause the wind will likely blow you off from noon on. What time of day does it finally let up? I'd like to do an evening fish tomorrow with my kid who's coming over to Qualicum (home)from the mainland. I know there are no guarantees[:I]

Cheers, Tom

Back