2024 Prince Rupert Fishing Reports

Is there a big herring spawn in PR? If so, do you go out and when does it happen on average?

Yeah there’s a spawn. It’s later than the spawn down in the SOG. There is usually a fishery by off Finlayson and Digby and I have done the seine fishery around Kitkatla.

I’ve looked all over fir information but can’t find when squid show up around prince Rupert. Any report of what time of year to expect them?

Maybe the wrong thread

Any tips on half day charters in the area? Will be up in May and it looks like I will have a day or 2 where I could sneak out for an afternoon fish.
Or if anyone on here is planning on coming to port alberni i'd return the favor.

Any news on how the spring fishing is shaping up? Anyone getting out I'll be there in a few weeks to try our luck.

Was out last Friday and Saturday. Fished both Friday and Saturday mornings for springs and caught 1 small one. Talking to people it was spotty. Day to day really, but should improve as time goes on.
Bottom fished the rest of the time and Ruoert rarely disappoints. Plenty of halibut and the lingcod fishing was really good.

Was out last Friday and Saturday. Fished both Friday and Saturday mornings for springs and caught 1 small one. Talking to people it was spotty. Day to day really, but should improve as time goes on.
Bottom fished the rest of the time and Ruoert rarely disappoints. Plenty of halibut and the lingcod fishing was really good.
Where did you try for salmon?

Just got back from a 5 day trip, never fished there on my own and been since I was a kid. We held our own finding fish pretty much every where we went, nothing big but had steady action for the most part. Weather was not the best, we couldn’t get out to the good ground fishing grounds without getting pounded to death. We got our limit of springs and 3 nice lings 15-20lb range and 4 chicken halibut.

Would like to give a big thank you to Bryce and Tanner with gladiator sports fishing, he gave us some great advice and was awesome to meet him. If you ever need a guide, he is the best around and a true sportsman and ambassador to the industry. Impressive boat and knowledge of the area, and willing to share his knowledge which is awesome!

Just got back from a 5 day trip, never fished there on my own and been since I was a kid. We held our own finding fish pretty much every where we went, nothing big but had steady action for the most part. Weather was not the best, we couldn’t get out to the good ground fishing grounds without getting pounded to death. We got our limit of springs and 3 nice lings 15-20lb range and 4 chicken halibut.

Would like to give a big thank you to Bryce and Tanner with gladiator sports fishing, he gave us some great advice and was awesome to meet him. If you ever need a guide, he is the best around and a true sportsman and ambassador to the industry. Impressive boat and knowledge of the area, and willing to share his knowledge which is awesome!
Great to meet you as well!! Definetly got hit with some tough weather but made the best of it!! Good luck down in Hardy!!!

Day 5 today weather has been unpleasant big storm offshore making sporty crossings in some spots. Fishing has been hit and miss so far a few productive days were found at Avery. We boated double digit springs in the 10-15lb range. Got a few in the 20’s and the highlight 55lber for the second salmon in a newbie’s career. Sat on the hook for a few hours picked up 4 chickens and a dozen nice pacific cod. The top end of Dundas only produced one spring that pushed 40Lbs in five hours of trolling up there. We got a kraken halibut fishing on the way back. Tried hand feeding an eagle got a few feet away but wouldn’t commit tossed him a small pink salmon head for the catch.

Did see Bryce’s fishing machine “The Gladiator” out enjoying a solo day of spring fishing.

More to come weather permitting……

Attachments

• IMG_1386.jpeg
    IMG_1386.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1436.jpeg