2024 Prince Rupert Fishing Reports

I was out during the long weekend and although she was a bit snotty it still produced. Did well at Tugwell one day and Avery was good on the morning tide change. Bait out fished everything. I they are sitting a little deeper than years previous at this time of year. Ill be back up next weekend

Gotta see pic of the 55!
Here you go it wasn’t posting for me it’s a really nice fish. Thanks to a few captains paying attention and making evasive manoeuvres to avoid it on the surface we managed to land. It’s been awhile since I seen one look like submarine cruzing around the surface.

Fishing was tough due to the weather all week couldn’t really get to where we wanted to go. Still had a great time as always crab fishing was fantastic all over the harbour.

Anyone know what this rockfish is got it off the lighthouse at Avery. Got smaller ones before but this fat one made it to the fish taco dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpeg
    IMG_1382.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 133
Day 5 today weather has been unpleasant big storm offshore making sporty crossings in some spots. Fishing has been hit and miss so far a few productive days were found at Avery. We boated double digit springs in the 10-15lb range. Got a few in the 20’s and the highlight 55lber for the second salmon in a newbie’s career. Sat on the hook for a few hours picked up 4 chickens and a dozen nice pacific cod. The top end of Dundas only produced one spring that pushed 40Lbs in five hours of trolling up there. We got a kraken halibut fishing on the way back. Tried hand feeding an eagle got a few feet away but wouldn’t commit tossed him a small pink salmon head for the catch.

Did see Bryce’s fishing machine “The Gladiator” out enjoying a solo day of spring fishing.

More to come weather permitting……

Any pics of the big fellas? That’s good June fishing !

Here’s a couple from the last couple days some nice low 30’s

Attachments

• IMG_3918.jpeg
    IMG_3918.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9104.jpeg
    IMG_9104.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_9138.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3902.jpeg
    IMG_3902.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 112
Heading out for PR first thing tomorrow am. On the water 10,11,12. Anyone else in the area and can help a PR newbie? I have been give a few good spots and done a ton of chart reviews. But any Info on safety, where NOT or where TO go, would be great. I'll be in my 1825KF, Blue.
Hows the catch reports going?
1000004548.jpg

Heading out for PR first thing tomorrow am. On the water 10,11,12. Anyone else in the area and can help a PR newbie? I have been give a few good spots and done a ton of chart reviews. But any Info on safety, where NOT or where TO go, would be great. I'll be in my 1825KF, Blue.
View attachment 107000
Forgot to text you back just did now!

I'd keep it simple and start at Avery this time of year, if I were you.

Slow weekend on chinooks guys picking the odd one up at edye and Avery slow at dundas very odd fish kinda thing
Halibut is quick and easy lol

20240610_072011.jpg20240611_184928.jpg20240610_130929.jpg20240612_101232.jpg
Morning, Just a quick re-cap on OUR trip. First off @bryce and @Steplift.... THANK YOU guys, the information you guys shared and taking texts while we were struggling... truly great ambassadors for the sport and the area. This trip truly built my confidence in my skills and the boats capabilities ( We got caught in some very knarly weather, that my KF1825 should not have been in, but we rode the swells and motored up and throttled down the back side, 20min out took 1.5 to get back in lol )
The recap - 20 springs to the boat, all "Feeders" nothing over 18lbs.... we kept our limit with 8 -12 pounders ( Best meat anyways IMO )
NO Halibut ;( .... we tried, HARD. but just seemed to not be able to get them in the places suggested.... again my boats hali-virginity is in tact.
The area is beautiful to fish, great scenery.
See you again PR.... now the next adventure.... Winter harbor or Rennell sound?!

Morning, Just a quick re-cap on OUR trip. First off @bryce and @Steplift.... THANK YOU guys, the information you guys shared and taking texts while we were struggling... truly great ambassadors for the sport and the area. This trip truly built my confidence in my skills and the boats capabilities ( We got caught in some very knarly weather, that my KF1825 should not have been in, but we rode the swells and motored up and throttled down the back side, 20min out took 1.5 to get back in lol )
The recap - 20 springs to the boat, all "Feeders" nothing over 18lbs.... we kept our limit with 8 -12 pounders ( Best meat anyways IMO )
NO Halibut ;( .... we tried, HARD. but just seemed to not be able to get them in the places suggested.... again my boats hali-virginity is in tact.
The area is beautiful to fish, great scenery.
See you again PR.... now the next adventure.... Winter harbor or Rennell sound?!
Glad you got a few salmon the weather was not favorable the end of may to say the least. It’s not for the faint of heart out there when it’s blowing. I spent many days sitting in the sauna in the hot tub at the rec center waiting for it to blow over. And good karma in a place like Prince Rupert goes a long way do your success and safety out there.

Take care tight lines

Back