2024 Prince Rupert Fishing Reports

We had a tough today fighting off tons of pink trolling for salmon and dog fish bottom fishing.

The highlight was landing a 15 LB Chinook up at Dundas. Heading to Edye Pass in the morning.

Any report from anybody?

We landed a 23 LB Chinook at Edye Pass a few days ago but has since been slow there.

Avery was producing some coho but we had to put the time in to get the limit.

Heading up north in the morning to see if things have picked up.

Just fished the last two days. Fishing was great, weather not so much. Got our limits of coho all at Lucy, and very few pinks compared to the last few weeks. Even caught a nice 16lb Chinook. Halibut took less than an hour both days on small ones. All inside waters.
Done for the year as work calls! Rupert rarely disappoints, and looking forward to next already.
One observation that I made this season, is traffic definitely seems down from previous years. Not sure what others have experienced.

I just finished over two weeks on the water all 9 people I had with me ended limiting out on halibut & salmon. Overall fantastic fishing in all areas. Big fish of the trip included 15, 17, 23 and a 26 LB Chinook all in different locations.

Rupert definitely produced. Good luck to the rest of you throughout the season.

Heading out on Sunday August 18 for six days of fishing. Are fish still holding around: Avery, Hamner, and Beaver? Normally I start off fishing the North/East side of Dundas and head over to the White islets if that area is slow. Look forward to getting back there as I had to miss the last to years. Thanks Ed.

Heading out on Sunday August 18 for six days of fishing. Are fish still holding around: Avery, Hamner, and Beaver? Normally I start off fishing the North/East side of Dundas and head over to the White islets if that area is slow. Look forward to getting back there as I had to miss the last to years. Thanks Ed.
Last couple days have been okay big rain moved some fish around zayas was good yesterday so they should be back around hamner, beaver today.
Should be a big push soon still chinooks around as well

Just got back from Prince Rupert. Fish for six days. Day one fished around beaver and cutter rock. Managed to catch one chinook, one coho, one ling and a silver grey rockfish. Did not find any real concentration of fish in the area on Saturday. Sunday we fished Dundasound Holliday passage. We caught our limit of salmon but half of them were pinks. Fish were in 250 to 400 feet of water. White and green hoochies produce the best. Monday we fished Humpback back. We were the only boat there. Found good pod of large coho in 300 to 500 feet of water. Fished 30 to 50 feet on the down rigger, 3 of our largest fish were caught with in a 15-20 minute period. Tuesday fished humpback bay again but this time looking for bottom fish. Did this mostly because the weather was not great to go anywhere else. We were only able to find a concentration of widow rockfish, so in the afternoon we fished coho just for fun. Wednesday my fishing partner was sick, so I fished around Simpson rock alone. Swell was not to bad. Managed to catch an 86cm halibut on a mudraker with bait. Caught two decent sized rock fish. But could not find and real concentration of fish. Spent the rest of the day trolling and searching different rock piles. Caught few very small rock fish and one chicken size halibut on a plug. Thursday fish Dundas looking for bottom fish. Did not have much luck, caught 3 rockfish and a starry flounder. Trolled for salmon for the last hour just for fun and caught and released one coho. Overall we had a good trip and got to see a new area.
Ed

Back