Heading out to Gabe on Friday afternoon to see if we can find some Coho. First time fishing this area for Coho so I will let you guys know how it goes. Any pointers are welcome.

Was out on Wed evening. About 10 boats around Fingers and didn't see anyone do anything for maybe 1 1/2 hours. So trolled over to Snake and found (and released) quite a few chinook. No sign of a coho though.

Has anyone tried these areas 17-6,17-9 that are open for hatch chinook or is it open because their are none in there?
Definitely fish around at tent island. Always worth a try! Have had good luck there in the last couple of months for hatcheries. If your not familiar with the area fish inbetween the reef and west side of tent island close to the bottom (100-120ft) 3” spoons with some green

Definitely fish around at tent island. Always worth a try! Have had good luck there in the last couple of months for hatcheries. If your not familiar with the area fish inbetween the reef and west side of tent island close to the bottom (100-120ft) 3” spoons with some green
Ok thanks

Yeah, it was a quick fish today off fingers for our four and released a couple but they were all hatchery. Hit the school and hit the fish! Same depths to a tee as you and gear.
Awesome to hear they've shown up. We were trying last week for coho but I guess too shallow, that seems deeper then last season where we were hitting them 45 to 80'.

I posted yesterday in the Vancouver reports but I should've posted here. Fished upwind of the Five Fingers Island (northish) from 10:30-12:00. Followed @Aces description and fished 110-130 on the downriggers moving fast. Had two doubleheaders (exciting and frustrating when solo!!). Got 2 chinook to the boat, 1 wild coho (it was a big one!) and 2 hatchery coho. It was a beautiful day out on the water.

Lures were a Krippled K spoon with pink jelly tape behind a triangle spinning flasher, and a white with green flash fly hootchie behind a Westcoast Tackle "black beauty" flasher.

coho.jpeg

I posted yesterday in the Vancouver reports but I should've posted here. Fished upwind of the Five Fingers Island (northish) from 10:30-12:00. Followed @Aces description and fished 110-130 on the downriggers moving fast. Had two doubleheaders (exciting and frustrating when solo!!). Got 2 chinook to the boat, 1 wild coho (it was a big one!) and 2 hatchery coho. It was a beautiful day out on the water.

Lures were a Krippled K spoon with pink jelly tape behind a triangle spinning flasher, and a white with green flash fly hootchie behind a Westcoast Tackle "black beauty" flasher.

View attachment 107045
Those inline triangles are coho beasts

I haven't been out for coho yet. I'm thinking that I will go with no flasher for a bit and see how it goes. Sounds like a ton of fish so it may be okay.

I've experimented with using two of them in tandem as a dummy flasher. I can't say definitively it works any better than a regular flasher, but I've caught fish with them.

You mean kinda like a kone-zone? I remember when I was just starting out salmon fishing using a kone-zone rig off the mouth of the Fraser fishing for sockeye... I've never been as badly tangled up as I was with that dang thing. I've been too scared to ever try again! LOL!!

You mean kinda like a kone-zone? I remember when I was just starting out salmon fishing using a kone-zone rig off the mouth of the Fraser fishing for sockeye... I've never been as badly tangled up as I was with that dang thing. I've been too scared to ever try again! LOL!!
Kind of, I've never run a cone zone myself. I just clipped two of these together and clipped that to a 4' dummy clip just above the ball. Seems to work.

Back