2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished the Bell today 120ft to 190ft caught three under sized one right on the line at 60cm. Then lost a nice one at the boat due to my bad net job, it was defiantly a keeper. All on white hoochies and a green lemon lime flasher, right off the bottom. 7 crabs in three traps all under sized.

Fished the Bell today 120ft to 190ft caught three under sized one right on the line at 60cm. Then lost a nice one at the boat due to my bad net job, it was defiantly a keeper. All on white hoochies and a green lemon lime flasher, right off the bottom. 7 crabs in three traps all under sized.
crabbing has been brutal the last while tons of undersize

Hey so that was you out there flashing the fish to us. Nice to see ya out there, nice rig you got. Appreciate the tip on the plugs but I’m pretty stubborn so stuck with my gear lol.
It was pretty slow at Grace, until it wasn’t. Ended up with 3 keepers and one was a nice chunky 74cm. Was north of the pack in 160’ water and it paid off. 205 on rigger. One on a Wee G spoon and 2 on the cream soda flasher and glow white hooch. Couple unders released too. Beauty end to the year See ya on the 2024 thread View attachment 101243
Ya very nice looking fish. Good to meet you out there. My bigger one was white and weighed out at 15 dressed. Looking forward to tomorrow morning tide already lol

Good action around the mile markers. Four unders so far in less than an hour. A bit lumpy but laying down now. 130-160 contours.
I fished right where that photo was taken. We didn't see much bait until the first mile marker, then a ton of bait and action at that particular freighter. It was nonstop with over a dozen to the boat a couple 60s and a bunch around 50s. It was fun times.

Another great day off grace. Took awhile but we got 3. Running the 5” 602 on bottom. Seems to keep the smalls off and the large on.
Right on, beautiful fish,

Do you have any measurements on those fish so I don’t have to guess how tall you are?

Where you dropping? I usually drop behind the first mile marker, but the keeper rate isn’t great. Been thinking of dropping out by wreck beach next time
i havent crabbed in a bit but couple times i dropped were just east of the bell bouy 50 feet of water lots of unders

i havent crabbed in a bit but couple times i dropped were just east of the bell bouy 50 feet of water lots of unders
Last weekend we did 2 soaks for 2 hours with 2 traps. Probably got 3 dozen with 2 keepers. That area is pretty picked through I think

full house at Grace with at least 20 odd boat's there
that i can see
not my cup of tea being that busy there
all the best for the new year folks

You can sure tell it is the last day of year for prawns. I have never seen so many floats between point Atkinson and Seymour Bay and Cowan point in my life. It’s like a slalom course in some areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back