2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from an FB group just posted that he heard from a tug that the North Arm was all jammed up with logs that broke free from the jetty today. Was anyone out this afternoon in the north arm and can share how bad it was? Thanks in advance.
Isn't there something like beach combing still? Would not all free floating logs be sellable to mills?

Blew a hydraulic line only got to fish for a a day and a half. I will say this though the fishing is epic

There are logs scattered from here to the philippines

Isn't there something like beach combing still? Would not all free floating logs be sellable to mills?
You need a log salvage # to take any logs and re sell them,I used to have salvage boat but at that time stumpage fees went in the crapper and I could no longer afford to feed the 440 that powered my salvage boat, great gig while it lasted though,I loved helping when the tow guys had booms break and they would call you in to help put em back together.

Got into 8 undersized before landing a keeper between the freighters and the Bell.

I good buddy of mine once said "Catch your limit, but limit your catch" and I agree wholeheartedly.
Great job, Scapegoat! Mind if I ask what gear and depth you hooked the fish on? I was out yesterday too but only hooked one under with the Freighters. I was using chartreuse onion and salty dawg flashers with mainly green and white spoons. The under was hooked at 120 ft on cable in 120 FOW. Thanks

Great job, Scapegoat! Mind if I ask what gear and depth you hooked the fish on? I was out yesterday too but only hooked one under with the Freighters. I was using chartreuse onion and salty dawg flashers with mainly green and white spoons. The under was hooked at 120 ft on cable in 120 FOW. Thanks
I was using herring aid flashers and similiar westcoast fishing tackle spoons.

The bait I found was suspended a bit higher in the 80' range.

Note that I followed it more NE from the Bell, not quite PA but in that general direction.

Ok, now give me your best prawning spot.

I was using herring aid flashers and similiar westcoast fishing tackle spoons.

The bait I found was suspended a bit higher in the 80' range.

Note that I followed it more NE from the Bell, not quite PA but in that general direction.

Ok, now give me your best prawning spot.
Thanks Scapeboat. Much appreciated! I dont know if I've ever tried that area NE of Bell towards PA, but will. Also, just PM'd you.

Another day in Paradise on weekend. Fished mouth of Gibsons Shoal and Tunstall. 4 nice fish to the boat. One keeper. Hearing Aid at 160-170… but who cares about the fish … what a day to be on the water

Attachments

• 750945CD-5F0C-45F6-949C-BCEA09DB3F6D.jpeg
    750945CD-5F0C-45F6-949C-BCEA09DB3F6D.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 112
  • C260F345-6BEE-44F2-9741-D431AFEBCFAD.jpeg
    C260F345-6BEE-44F2-9741-D431AFEBCFAD.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 109
Another day in Paradise on weekend. Fished mouth of Gibsons Shoal and Tunstall. 4 nice fish to the boat. One keeper. Hearing Aid at 160-170… but who cares about the fish … what a day to be on the water
wow beauty cant beat those conditons

Screw it, I'm taking a vacation day for tomorrow. Might try somewhere different, any suggestions? Conditions look good the next three days based on current forecast.

Screw it, I'm taking a vacation day for tomorrow. Might try somewhere different, any suggestions? Conditions look good the next three days based on current forecast.
I’m debating whether I should hit the Sound or the west Bowen. My lazy part tells me that I should drop the traps in South Bowen, fish Thundtall and waterfall, eat lunch at Molly’s and pull the traps on the way back to the marina. But I also like to try HITW and catch a few of those early US-bound tyees. The government website says that it’s going to be a **** on the plate condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back