Status
Not open for further replies.
6 months and 25 days until my Ukee trip lol.

Sorry had to break the ice.

Looking forward to being out there once again, just starting to really get into the area and learn it’s little likes and dislikes.

I refuse to stay at Island West any longer. My goodness has that place went to the rats or what. The marina is still decent for now but the lodging is out of the question. Wouldn’t board my dog in those rooms.

If anyone has any suggestions for a small cabin or cottage for the wife and I, that would be great to hear from you. I gave the folks over at The Rose house a call last week and they have sold out unfortunately. Would be awesome to get a place with its own dock, that would be tha cats butt. We aren’t fancy folks, we aren’t in to the high end places but we do like clean, comfortable and quiet.

These were waiting for me when I got home from work today. Got to love on line shopping lol. Thanks to PNT and Westcoast tackle for the prompt service.

Can’t wait to try some of these combos off the banks this summer.

52035249180_f00750c9f9_c.jpg

Still undecided if we're going to try a June trip (feel free to message me to convince me otherwise lol) but we'll be there Aug 9th. Can't wait to get back.

Fished a few days this weekend. Easy limits on lingcod and springs at red can. Springs were mostly hatchery clones around 12-15lbs with lots of fight in them. 100 - 120 ft on the rigger with black UV flashers and skinny g herring aid spoons. Sat on the anchor near turtlehead without any luck and then moved out to big bank. We enjoyed quick limits on halibut with one incredible halibut released that was over 6 feet long after a massive battle. The season is off to a fabulous start.

We're thinking of going to Island West in Aug too. Would be first time in Ucluelet. Is their accommodation really that bad?
It's not great. Probably the worst accom in Ukee (of the commercial accom anyway). It may be all you can get at this point. The gray whale guest suites are good basic joints if you want value and a 70s theme.

We're thinking of going to Island West in Aug too. Would be first time in Ucluelet. Is their accommodation really that bad?
Yah it’s getting pretty bad. It’s sad as it was a pretty decent place to stay. It will suffice if that’s all there is but I would definitely use it as a last resort, no pun intended.

Slip at Island West of course and room at Pacific Rim motel. Never stayed there before but it looks decent.
Stayed there 3 nights last year. Trailer parking and moorage plus room rental all came in under the price of just a room anywhere else. Not a 5 star but a place to shower and sleep after a hard days fishing. I’d stay again. Careful on the dock. It could use a little maintenance lol

I'm booked at IW in August. Place to rest your head and have a shower is fine with us, boat slip, freezer space and trailer storage is a major bonus. Stayed at the Whales Tail last year and it was pretty nice. But not there to hang out in the room so fancy isn't required by us. Can't wait to get back over there fishing. Learned allot last year and have allot to learn this season as well but think I have a little better grasp on things. But always willing to listen if anyone cares to chat about the area. Still many questions in my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back