2022 okanagan lake thread

Hope its as flat calm as it was yesterday for you. South end was still frozen but hopefully all clear in the next couple weeks Good luck. Hope to be finished all my repairs and changes on mine soon so I trial it before we leave for the island in May

1 real good hit and then dead slow. Almost everything we marked was over 100ft down there. We threw everything short of explosives at'm.

1 real good hit and then dead slow. Almost everything we marked was over 100ft down there. We threw everything short of explosives at'm.
As my other posts have said we don't catch alot of trout just the odd one but we never have any luck in skaha. Always fun to be one the water though. If I get my hydraulic steering finished this weekend we'll try my boat next week after all the repair work I've done this winter

I usually do fairly well on it but just couldn't scratch up anything. 1 solid hit on a plug at 50ft, washed plugs, Apex's, bucktails everything from the surface to 120 on the riggers. Weather was nice and good times had by all.

I usually do fairly well on it but just couldn't scratch up anything. 1 solid hit on a plug at 50ft, washed plugs, Apex's, bucktails everything from the surface to 120 on the riggers. Weather was nice and good times had by all.
done really well with light and dark grey ghost bucktails on skaha. I know rod (Rodney Reels) biggest out of there is close to 20lbs on bucktails a couple years ago my buddy chad hooked up on that fish with him.

Out today from 8-3 with the family. Went 2 for 3 in a 20min frenzy. Grandma wanted some fish so this one got the bonk. This fish had 4-4” and 1-8” Kokes in its belly. This fish fell for a oil slick needle fish hootchie behind the planer board. The other 2 came on a candy cane bucktail on the other planer 2ACD02C5-6BD4-4EFD-A2E8-F0B26CD9A825.jpeg

Out today from 8-3 with the family. Went 2 for 3 in a 20min frenzy. Grandma wanted some fish so this one got the bonk. This fish had 4-4” and 1-8” Kokes in its belly. This fish fell for a oil slick needle fish hootchie behind the planer board. The other 2 came on a candy cane bucktail on the other planer View attachment 76031
Did you just use the Hootchie ? or a flasher as well ?

Out today from 8-3 with the family. Went 2 for 3 in a 20min frenzy. Grandma wanted some fish so this one got the bonk. This fish had 4-4” and 1-8” Kokes in its belly. This fish fell for a oil slick needle fish hootchie behind the planer board. The other 2 came on a candy cane bucktail on the other planer View attachment 76031
Nice fish Ms Sara !

Candy Cane for DN on Okanagan yesterday and another for MP on the Shu , might have to tie up a few more

Skunk streak continues. What is everyone's thoughts on garlic or anise scents?
Freshwater I never had any luck with either for trout. Anise for Kokanee worked for me though. For rainbows I use something called “bait wax”. Trophy Trout flavour. Maybe I just got better at fishing but since I started using this my bite ratio went way up. image.jpg

Back