2021 Ucluelet Reports

Post your 2021 fishing reports here!
Planning our yearly trip to Ukee. Always fished July and August there. Our 2020 trip was mid July and we didn't even get a keeper Spring. Was thinking about trying 3rd week of June this year. Any feedback on June fishing would be much appreciated.

I go to bamfield the first week of June every year. Same body of water. We’ve always got our limits over 3-4 days of fishing.

you should be fine but I’m not sure why you didn’t get any fish in July

We did pretty good last year on the father's day weekend fishing swale and harbour entrance. For me personally last year was a bit of a grind. We scratched fish out everytrip but I never really hit a great weekend and i fished around 8 weekend's from June-Aug all around the island.

Here's hoping this year is better!

I go to bamfield the first week of June every year. Same body of water. We’ve always got our limits over 3-4 days of fishing.

you should be fine but I’m not sure why you didn’t get any fish in July
All small. Never been skunked for salmon in Ukee before. Did great on bottom fish. Thanks for your help and will give mid June a try.

We did pretty good last year on the father's day weekend fishing swale and harbour entrance. For me personally last year was a bit of a grind. We scratched fish out everytrip but I never really hit a great weekend and i fished around 8 weekend's from June-Aug all around the island.

Here's hoping this year is better!
I also hope so. Thanks for your reply.

June and July can be spotty. Some days are a awesome and the next will be completely dead. We did really well in June and July last season but those good days came with days of nothing or nothing worth keeping. I try to stay on the outside in those early months around harbour entrance, swale, and cree area. Couple other good spots as your coming from ukee would be great bear or sail rock. I don’t tend to get there as the run gets long but for you would be a quick run from ukee.

IMO most of the Chinook are offshore in areas now closed for retention beginning about mid-May til early August.

The grady's usually repel fish, and the drivers are half blind - approach with extreme caution. June should be good this year, lots of Puget Sound fish likely lurking about with all the SRKW hatch jobs the US guys produced. June can be one of the best kept Barkley secrets.

This boat often follows me out of the harbour, then passes me, then he's gone in the blink of an eye934768_523566254410466_8278548793588860607_n.jpg, so I don't know where he went, then I pass him when he is re-fuelling at the end of the day.
But if I ever end up where he is by luck, I should be able to get one to his eight..

The grady's usually repel fish, and the drivers are half blind - approach with extreme caution. June should be good this year, lots of Puget Sound fish likely lurking about with all the SRKW hatch jobs the US guys produced. June can be one of the best kept Barkley secrets.
I can't bloody wait.

Yeah shhhhhhhh

Hi Folks, I'm heading to the Ucluelet region in July to do a fishing charter. I will be in the town for couple extra days and I wouldn't mind trying my luck on some crabbing. Is there any spots in the harbour or bay that I can lay down a trap or two? thanks

Hi Folks, I'm heading to the Ucluelet region in July to do a fishing charter. I will be in the town for couple extra days and I wouldn't mind trying my luck on some crabbing. Is there any spots in the harbour or bay that I can lay down a trap or two? thanks
For sure. Just keep the traps out of the main channel where the boats travel. Most guiding outfits will put out traps for you if that is the case.

Back