I’ll try there next time. Thanks homey
I guess you could say I’m pretty crabby right now.

Let me explain...

as soon as haberdasher posted about wind, the conditions got pretty Stizzla out there.
as soon as aces mentioned losing balls, stizzla’d the bottom. A quick move saved it, but I was stizzla’ing a bunch of tangles and wind and waves so I packed it in. How the f does this happen?
I Feel bad if I jinkst your trip
Is there Any reason that your waters have a larger minimum size than elsewhere I wonder if there aren’t enough Liberals in the riding hahaha
You have much better crabbing than Oak Bay
View attachment 61411

4/4 of unders and I’m dejected after still never bonking a fish on this boat.

at least I’m crabby! 4 more beauties.View attachment 61412View attachment 61413

I Feel bad if I jinkst your trip
Is there Any reason that your waters have a larger minimum size than elsewhere I wonder if there aren’t enough Liberals in the riding hahaha
You have much better crabbing than Oak Bay
You didn’t jinx it, you just were simply warning me that I was in for a ****** cruise back to the dock.
Size thing I couldn’t tell you why, but when I get in a slump like this, I am waiting for a no doubter 10+ pounder to get me out of it. Yes, crabbing is lights out.

You didn’t jinx it, you just were simply warning me that I was in for a ****** cruise back to the dock.
Size thing I couldn’t tell you why, but when I get in a slump like this, I am waiting for a no doubter 10+ pounder to get me out of it. Yes, crabbing is lights out.

Stop the jokes stizzla or we we’ll have to claw back your privileges!
Your effort is appreciated, but don’t sink down to my level and take the bait. When it comes to bad jokes I’m a bottom feeder.

Tried our luck this morning at Coal but it was absent, as was any bait. Figured with the weather so nice I would try some self isolation at Hamley. Things were quiet out there as well. A handful of undersized ( Sooke/ Victoria, Tyees lol) and very little bait. Hard to believe it was February with the day we had out there, calm , sunny and no closures yet lol.

Hit Fairfax for the first time on Saturday. Was a great day. No keepers. The current took off with one of my prawn traps that was off the point in about 250’ of water. If anyone sees a trap with two large yellow floats and a G4 fender, Feel free to grab it. :). Your welcome.

Hit Fairfax for the first time on Saturday. Was a great day. No keepers. The current took off with one of my prawn traps that was off the point in about 250’ of water. If anyone sees a trap with two large yellow floats and a G4 fender, Feel free to grab it. :). Your welcome.
No such thing as a trap floating away.

With fisherman, It’s always gone because they are stolen. Also anytime to you pull up a trap that’s empty it’s because someone else pulled them up just before you and stole the keepers.

Real windy in Sooke yesterday so trailered out to Sidney for the afternoon. No bait and no fish with a couple passes at spit so moved to cole. Tons of bait there and couple of others fishing. Released 1 under and had a couple other small fish on. 2 crab traps at spit with just undersized crabs. (Pretty sure Stizzla pulled and took the big ones). 1 crab trap at north end of James island. Tide was ripping and trap was moved a fair way. Float just visible enough to retrieve 0 crabs. ( stizzla’d again I’m sure. Took my crab and moved my trap )

Real windy in Sooke yesterday so trailered out to Sidney for the afternoon. No bait and no fish with a couple passes at spit so moved to cole. Tons of bait there and couple of others fishing. Released 1 under and had a couple other small fish on. 2 crab traps at spit with just undersized crabs. (Pretty sure Stizzla pulled and took the big ones). 1 crab trap at north end of James island. Tide was ripping and trap was moved a fair way. Float just visible enough to retrieve 0 crabs. ( stizzla’d again I’m sure. Took my crab and moved my trap )
Stizzla caught all the fish too

Tried some Halibut fishing back side of Sidney Island. Managed one large dogfish, but it was a great day out there weather wise. After reading the DFO airforce post I got to thinking maybe I should have a sign on the roof saying “ This Boat has gone.... days without catching a halibut” I could update it each outing like the accident free signs. Might need a bigger roof as the number of digits increases.

Tried some Halibut fishing back side of Sidney Island. Managed one large dogfish, but it was a great day out there weather wise. After reading the DFO airforce post I got to thinking maybe I should have a sign on the roof saying “ This Boat has gone.... days without catching a halibut” I could update it each outing like the accident free signs. Might need a bigger roof as the number of digits increases.
Better a sign that reads "This boat has caught X halibut this year". You will need to make less changes. ;)

Back