It’s my only life objective to get out fishing and crabbing this week!
Anybody bonk anything lately?

Fished Coal from about 9:30 - 11:30. Bait was thick near Zero Rock. Picked up a couple of undersize. Tide was ripping pretty good so we moved to Moresby from 11;30 -3:30. Again, nothing big enough to keep. Absolutely beauty of a day and not much wind so no complaints. Lots of boats for January at both spots. Pretty much threw the entire tackle box at them. Most of the action on anchovies.

Fished fairfax for midday today. Hottest around 11-12. Two do le headers all 4 about 2-4 lbs. skinny g spoon and hootchies working. Loads of bait and fish on sounder. Vic waterfront is barren in comparison. No keepers but great day on the water.

I was out Sunday off Coal. The little blue tinner that was all over the place. Got two under's ~4 lbs right off the bat between 11 and noon and then nothing.

Is "Zero" rock what others call Shag Rock? Due south off the East end of Coal Island. I thought Zero was of Cordova Bay.

I was out Sunday off Coal. The little blue tinner that was all over the place. Got two under's ~4 lbs right off the bat between 11 and noon and then nothing.

Is "Zero" rock what others call Shag Rock? Due south off the East end of Coal Island. I thought Zero was of Cordova Bay.
I was confused too Zero that I know is off of Cordova bay

well, it turns out I have crabs. A severe case of them.
Let’s start at the beginning:
I let the eagle soar today for the first time in too long. Lumpy ride out to fairfax, but I got there without trouble and joined some sexy butt boats. Hi to the guy and gal with the REALLY nice Parker.
0AF12E0F-7A86-48C0-8211-81BA63021D1F.jpeg
I spent the better part of two hours batting about 8-10 just unders, (5-6 pounders). much of that time was me going in circles to fix tangles, or trying to fix my broken Scotty counter, but I still say I had enough hits and lands to say it was a confidence booster.

These were my weapons:
E7ACB13E-4B71-4DAA-8789-80FEFF05B1CF.jpeg

Right... the crabs!!!
So then I went back to my secret crab spot. Pulled up this times 2:
9660AA09-4766-4458-8397-8A6A19805A24.jpeg

Between the two traps I had 6 keepers and 4 BIGGIES to take home so I left happy, and now the motors are being flushed while I’m cooking up crab for the wifey’s famous crab cakes. Yummmmm!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the crabs but I'm sure you have had them before.
Hoping to get out tomorrow but we'll see hat the weather looks like in the am.

well, it turns out I have crabs. A severe case of them.
Let’s start at the beginning:
I let the eagle soar today for the first time in too long. Lumpy ride out to fairfax, but I got there without trouble and joined some sexy butt boats. Hi to the guy and gal with the REALLY nice Parker.
View attachment 60926
I spent the better part of two hours batting about 8-10 just unders, (5-6 pounders). much of that time was me going in circles to fix tangles, or trying to fix my broken Scotty counter, but I still say I had enough hits and lands to say it was a confidence booster.

These were my weapons:
View attachment 60924

Right... the crabs!!!
So then I went back to my secret crab spot. Pulled up this times 2:
View attachment 60925

Between the two traps I had 6 keepers and 4 BIGGIES to take home so I left happy, and now the motors are being flushed while I’m cooking up crab for the wifey’s famous crab cakes. Yummmmm!!!!
Nice Haul!! Where is Fairfax?

I think I might give Sidney a shot in a couple weeks when the boat comes out of Hibernation. Limited experience out in the area, I will rip over from Cowichan. I'm thinking a 30 min run on a nice day.

Back