I think I might give Sidney a shot in a couple weeks when the boat comes out of Hibernation. Limited experience out in the area, I will rip over from Cowichan. I'm thinking a 30 min run on a nice day.
That’s sure a nice boat to do it in! Is it a newer 206?

edit: I just saw you posted it in the boats thread this morning. Beauty!

Stizzla is right a very nice boat love Cow bay I caught my biggest fish ever there 61 years ago I hope that it comes back one day to it’s former glory

Report from yesterday. Waited for the frost to thaw on the truck windshield and headed out around 10:00. Thought there would have been a crowd at Fairfax so went down towards Satellite Channel. Had the whole place to myself. One solid keeper, a couple of JBLs, and a bunch of unders. Seems to be fish every where around Sidney this winter.

Was hoping to get out again today and fish the Sidney Anglers Club Derby but not launching with that SE wind. If we only had another boat ramp not exposed to the SE wind.

When the Federal Government built the Ocean Institute in Pat Bay they promised one but never delivered on that promise. If anybody can find the PR brochure from the mid 70's that the Federal Government used that stated that please find it and let me know.

Report from yesterday. Waited for the frost to thaw on the truck windshield and headed out around 10:00. Thought there would have been a crowd at Fairfax so went down towards Satellite Channel. Had the whole place to myself. One solid keeper, a couple of JBLs, and a bunch of unders. Seems to be fish every where around Sidney this winter.

Was hoping to get out again today and fish the Sidney Anglers Club Derby but not launching with that SE wind. If we only had another boat ramp not exposed to the SE wind.

When the Federal Government built the Ocean Institute in Pat Bay they promised one but never delivered on that promise. If anybody can find the PR brochure from the mid 70's that the Federal Government used that stated that please find it and let me know.
Sounds like time for a freedom of information request or someone on here said they were buddies with Trudeau? Joking on the second part, too easy to lure people in.

It’s time to get some blood on the deck on my boat. I’m going today until I get one. If I don’t get one, I’m going back out tomorrow!

At fairfax now... one pass one fish (hit like a 20 pounder)... just under

Nobody else here amazing conditions!

86BB0291-55F0-4130-9804-DFF27C6946D8.jpeg29CA8C0F-2E65-4994-B0EC-3875E3FD8D61.jpeg

I guess you could say I’m pretty crabby right now.

Let me explain...

as soon as haberdasher posted about wind, the conditions got pretty Stizzla out there.
as soon as aces mentioned losing balls, stizzla’d the bottom. A quick move saved it, but I was stizzla’ing a bunch of tangles and wind and waves so I packed it in. How the f does this happen?
DA91AAF0-01F2-422C-933C-73D2414D5568.jpeg

4/4 of unders and I’m dejected after still never bonking a fish on this boat.

at least I’m crabby! 4 more beauties.E553114A-3FD2-42BB-B429-768873B43112.jpegF713D1FC-EC2A-4CDA-839F-3BCCC7F1F402.jpeg

Stizzla That’s awesome you got some Crab!. Im located over by Prevost Island and its a grind to catch any crab around here.

Took my little brother out today. Left dock at 8:00 dropped traps went, to Coal made one pass a didn't look fishy. Pulled up ran back down to Saanichton, first minute fish on and nice legal. Next two hours and nothing then one solid hit and long distance release. Pulled up gear and back at dock at 11:30.

My little brother left with Crabs from Sidney.

Back