Dropped the boat back in the water today and fished the green can. Saw some bait in the 250-350 depth level and marked some fish at the 200 mark. tried to stay on the bait but no hits. Where’s the fish?
Had an epic gong show pulling out of my slip at pp. I start to pull out and notice a boat coming in so I wait....get pushed up against the main wharf, so I get out and push the bow off...can’t get turned enough and almost get wedged. My nice slip neighbour gives my bow a push and saves the day! Thanks! I will now pay extra attention when pulling out of my slip. No damage..just my ego...lol.
Pucker factor of 11!
Know the feeling, feeling helpless sucks.

I get caught from time to time too. Anxious to get out and do not look close enough when starting to back out. Boat owners in marinas always help out. That is because we have been there done that and it is not a pleasant feeling. LOL
I thought I saw your boat in the marina, I'm in the same finger as you. Slip beers for sure.

was thinking there are a lot of salmon based dry pet foods - anyone ever use them for Prawning as an alternative to pellets?

Though about it, however never have. Also I personally dont use salmon for prawn bait. Get too much bycatch.

I made it out this morning to sentry shoal and found some salmon. Non stop action thru the tide change. All released. DFO was flying around wasting our tax dollars. Prob pegged me for 2 Halli...idiots.

Attachments

• 45E749DF-7F68-4DC6-8FE3-03046DE83FD4.jpeg
    45E749DF-7F68-4DC6-8FE3-03046DE83FD4.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 310
  • FF7128F9-62F9-4AC6-BD3A-BAD9B8E0C66E.jpeg
    FF7128F9-62F9-4AC6-BD3A-BAD9B8E0C66E.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 266
Was out yesterday picking up some prawns before the commercial onslaught . Did well on prawns but on the fill in time when traps soaking, chased a few ling. They were quite cooperative but found something interesting... picked up a few that had blue tinged mouths.. One of these was legal and when cleaned had blue tinged flesh... never had blue filets before... they look good... think there is a problem??

PB

Was out yesterday picking up some prawns before the commercial onslaught . Did well on prawns but on the fill in time when traps soaking, chased a few ling. They were quite cooperative but found something interesting... picked up a few that had blue tinged mouths.. One of these was legal and when cleaned had blue tinged flesh... never had blue filets before... they look good... think there is a problem??

PB

No problem at all. In fact common to see. I have had some crazy green/blue ones before. I seem to find the colored ones closer to kelp. (At least for me) The meat turns white when its cooked

PB
I was out yesterday and did well on some big lings. About half the ones we caught were coloured the other half not. We both had keepers one was blue it sure tasted great still. Beautiful day in the water though.

I was out yesterday and did well on some big lings. About half the ones we caught were coloured the other half not. We both had keepers one was blue it sure tasted great still. Beautiful day in the water though.
Same thing blue tinge ... I was told it was because they were feeding on octopus. ??

toba is open for springs does anybody have any reports or info on the area was thinking of running up there and give it a try thanks to anybody who replys

PB
Quite common

Hi Everyone, our family is planning a trip to Campbell River from June 28 to July 8. Any idea if there will be any coho or pinks around? If so, any advice on areas to fish. Thank you in advance!

Hi Everyone, our family is planning a trip to Campbell River from June 28 to July 8. Any idea if there will be any coho or pinks around? If so, any advice on areas to fish. Thank you in advance!
Should be starting to show, but they won't be in the river in any numbers. Coho should be around but not sure if it will be open for them

Back