2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Link FD. never seen that page before but have my own DFO RCA links....maybe they are more direct to my area.

I think an RCA sticky thread is in order with that link specifically as it seems more people use SFBC for regulation info than looking them up on F&O Can. (me included at times)

Thanks.

We are fishing Thrasher right now. We just got a 19 pounder on a kitchen sink spoon at 150 feet. Earlier in the day we got a 20 pounder at Porlier. The fishing has been slow but I am super happy. We will stay out until tide change at 6:30. Nice flat water now.

We are fishing Thrasher right now. We just got a 19 pounder on a kitchen sink spoon at 150 feet. Earlier in the day we got a 20 pounder at Porlier. The fishing has been slow but I am super happy. We will stay out until tide change at 6:30. Nice flat water now.

Nice! Thanks for the report. Today looked like a great day for fishing.

Thanks Kelly but I know exactly where the rfca is near lasqueti and I wasn't fishing anywhere near them. It's good to stay on top of that info thou. Cheers and good fishin!

Wht ilse's eh? I haven't fished there in years. Better give it a go soon. My bro picked up a nice spring at camp bing last nite! The details for "hook in up" ... There is a series of pinnacles just north of sangster near seal reef. Look for bait shallow (30-40') and drop a Mac deep into the middle of the bait. A cpl twitches and hang on! Good luck guys!

Yep Offshore of merry isl though, That shoal a few miles out. That's cool your getting them on macs, I haven't tried jigging for springs in a while now... Only time I ever had luck with that was off of Quadra isl few summers ago and it was deadly! if you can stay on the bait ball...
Its killin me at work seeing how calm its been outfront!

Thanks Kelly but I know exactly where the rfca is near lasqueti and I wasn't fishing anywhere near them. It's good to stay on top of that info thou. Cheers and good fishin!

You said, fish the pinnicales near seal reef. The reef and the pinnicales near it are in the RCA so I'm not sure what you mean by not being anywhere near it. Anyways not trying to knit pick but I see lots of people fish this closed area so I thought I would point it out. Check the link below for the enlarged map. Multiplie RCA's off lasqueti.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/...cs/south-sud/LasquetiIslandSChart3512-eng.htm

Anyways congrats on jigging the spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kelly that link is a good one. I should have referenced sea egg not seal reef. It's effective to jig at any "bump" along that shoreline.

Yep Offshore of merry isl though, That shoal a few miles out. That's cool your getting them on macs, I haven't tried jigging for springs in a while now... Only time I ever had luck with that was off of Quadra isl few summers ago and it was deadly! if you can stay on the bait ball...
Its killin me at work seeing how calm its been outfront!
What depth are you running your gear at? I know where that shoal is and have always meant to give it a go.

Hey guys, a buddy and I are heading over to Thrasher tonight fishing then going to the pub, sleeping on the boat and fishing all day tomorrow.
I have been reading the threads and appreciate all of the knowledge.
Can anyone tell me where Grande is? Is it over by Entrance Island?
Also what general area should we focus on? I know fish move, but should we be over by Thrasher or more towards Nanaimo, or somewhere else?
Any up to date info is greatly appreciated...pm me if you want.
Cheers.

Hey guys, a buddy and I are heading over to Thrasher tonight fishing then going to the pub, sleeping on the boat and fishing all day tomorrow.
I have been reading the threads and appreciate all of the knowledge.
Can anyone tell me where Grande is? Is it over by Entrance Island?
Also what general area should we focus on? I know fish move, but should we be over by Thrasher or more towards Nanaimo, or somewhere else?
Any up to date info is greatly appreciated...pm me if you want.
Cheers.

We are doing the same plan. We are on Red and grey 26' North River.

Grande is just north of Sylva Bay about 1/2 mile. If leaving from Sylva Bay, take the north most exit/entrance out of SB, you will pass a Cardinal Buoy. Pay attention( IE leave it on Port your side when heading north) or you will hit something hard. As soon as you are out past that, look to you left and see big house and clearing on high bank waterfront. Hit 200 feet of water, Drop your gear and start fishing.
icon6.png

Tight Lines

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Hard thing you're talking about , Put me off the water for the last month and a half. You can go on ether side as long as you stay right beside it but still best to stay on the narrow side . In and out . Ran through there lots of times but wasnt paying attention and got a bit to far over. Learning the hard way sucks.

All these excellent reports from acoss are making me drool.

For the boats that are a bit to small to cross over to thrasher, where would you recommend fishing locally? Hump, Harbour, Hole in the Wall?

good luck over at Thrasher lads. I'll be fishing locally again, gonna fish the same tacks in the freighters that got us our limit on the high slack last sunday. Might make a full day of it and fish the 1pm low slack at the hump and then have a picnic on board and give the 830 high slack in the freighter tacks a whirl if the crew is up for it.. if anyone is staying local call my cell or hail me on 88a, feel like I'm the only one not running across the strait of georgia these days, getting lonely!! hahah

Ill be out Trollin the harbour on Sunday had a good hit in front of cap two days ago lost it tho

Coho should be rolling through to the cap now, and Nick hit limit of springs in the harbor a few days ago
you guys could do very well locally

I hit trasher today from 3-7. Three undersized chinook all at 30 ft while stacking the downriggers
Didn't see much else caught

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back