2013 Tuna adventures

Hello, guys.

I have just been asked by a very experienced fishing buddy, who has an amazing rig (trust me), to head to Bamfield on Friday, since the weather report for Saturday is excellent.
We are preparing to run out for tuna, but will feel a whole lot better about doing it for the first time if other boats are heading from Bamfield as well.

Please PM me if you are going and willing to travel in contact. Thinking of the whole safety in numbers angle.

How about it, Sculpin, Birdsnest, etc?

Thanks.

Smiley.
Smiley
I will be running out of Sculpins place Saturday or Sunday as well. We are heading for Loudan or Father and Son Canyons and will be on ch 78, Give us a call or PM me if your interested. I hope ya got the gear and such to make it a successful outing and good luck.
We are hopeing to be in contact with the tuff boys throughout the day to see how they are doing west of us as well to hopefully find a good number of fish.

Dak if your interested as well let me know and we can touch base on the grounds, you planning on Barkley Canyon?

Ok guys looks like I am going to be getting my first shot at tuna this season......saturday/sunday in tofino. The Boat is already sitting at the gov dock out there and I am going to make the final call on friday. We are running a 33' persuit anyone else looking at heading out from tofino this weekend?

I should be able to jump on your boat next week with you...have a good one..Cheers

Ok guys looks like I am going to be getting my first shot at tuna this season......saturday/sunday in tofino. The Boat is already sitting at the gov dock out there and I am going to make the final call on friday. We are running a 33' persuit anyone else looking at heading out from tofino this weekend?

I may join you out there on Sunday if I can talk my guys out of salmon and into tunas instead

Dak if your interested as well let me know and we can touch base on the grounds, you planning on Barkley Canyon?

Don't really have a plan yet but was going to check temperatures on Friday evening and see if Osama will share his coordinates with me after my smartass comments.

Make sure you calibrate your temp gauge at the dock with couple of thermometers. 58 F is a good start. 60 F is real nice but you need clear water.

We once pulled out a nice trip in 58.5 degree water that was green and definitely not clear. This was a one time thing but we got fish for about a week in these very atypical conditions. The lesson I learned from this is, put the damn jigs in the water you are travelling through as you never know what might happen, the worst you will do is take a bit of weed off the lures.
Prior to this I would have agreed with your 60+F and blue water wholeheartedly as these are the classic conditions you are looking for.

Have Full Crew & Will be looking for Partner Boats as soon as the weather breaks next week. Try a pm to me, but may or may not see it depending on whether I make it back to town prior to heading out. Osama will be in the loop... ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Tuna Charter

Gents,

My son wants to do a tuna charter - is it even possible off the west coast? It seems that everything really needs to line up for it to work. we would be 2 - 3 bodies and would be looking to do 1-2 days targeting tuna. Any suggestions?

cheers,
Stephen

And... I'll be back on the Island by the 4th or 5th latest IF the weather lines up anytime after those days. Salmon and Hali gear is going to be beached for balance of the season!

Gents,

My son wants to do a tuna charter - is it even possible off the west coast? It seems that everything really needs to line up for it to work. we would be 2 - 3 bodies and would be looking to do 1-2 days targeting tuna. Any suggestions?

cheers,
Stephen

Ocean Mist Charters out of Renfrew say Braden sent you

www.oceanmistcharters.com

TOFINO has had a number of successful guided trips already this year. Could shop around there too.
Post a report if ya get em.

Firelight and myself could be boat ho's one day this weekend lol. We are there to work gear, deal with fish, clean up, pay for gas, and get yelled at by the captain :p. I can't wait!!! Excited is an understatement :). Thank you Birdsnest for letting us crew your boat if the weather cooperates:cool:.

Right on! We've been trying to figure out how to tie you and Todd to the arch and use you as out riggers to get you out there. I even talked to my brother who is going out with Hymax on Saturday too on a charter and was trying to get you on board. Happy for you and Todd as I knew it was eating you up not having your boat. Right on. Now I am going to have to run further west. Maybe!

Firelight and myself could be boat ho's one day this weekend lol. We are there to work gear, deal with fish, clean up, pay for gas, and get yelled at by the captain :p. I can't wait!!! Excited is an understatement :). Thank you Birdsnest for letting us crew your boat if the weather cooperates:cool:.

he Sculpin, too bad Ihave the crew for this weekend, I would love to heve you on my deck, you sounds like the deck hand I am looking for, does not matter what I tell to Slivo, he does the opposite, hope folly next time,
good luck

There's nothing better than fishing with those who fish. I'm looking forward to it.

Back