2013 Tuna adventures

Anyone here ever broke down 50 miles off shore ?
obviously that is the reason for going in groups, but it could be a tough tow in bad condition's.
I once blew up a motor 32 miles offshore but i run twins and was back at the dock in less than 2 hrs running on one.

Todd and I were lucky:eek:. The lower gear assembly on my main is pooched:(. Probably hit something. It didn't blow up or anything but the whole thing is full of metal shavings and the oil is black as black can be (changed it in May). Don't know the whole story yet. Find out tomorrow if it's re-buildable or not. Anyways I'm working on a couple of different angles to this situation. Hope to be back on the water for the long weekend. If I go with one option I'll be dressed in black:cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
The true dark side. V-rod or Opti doesn't matter. Your gonna have to paint your kicker though for the true dark side if you make the leap. LOL

The true dark side. V-rod or Opti doesn't matter. Your gonna have to paint your kicker though for the true dark side if you make the leap. LOL

I'm leaning towards the Opti and a new kicker. Might as well start fresh all around lol. We shall see. If mines re-buildable and still around what I was quoted I will have it rebuilt. Friggen boats eh!

ARGH>>>damn.. sorry to hear about your gear-case John.. Hope you getter fixed in time for your Tuna shoot-out! Friggen boats! I just located a complete second boat with my fourth 70 horse in as many weeks... Being beached sucks!:p

I'm leaning towards the Opti and a new kicker. Might as well start fresh all around lol. We shall see. If mines re-buildable and still around what I was quoted I will have it rebuilt. Friggen boats eh!

Sorry to hear about your motor John. If by chance your boat isn't going by time the shootout starts...........I'll just have to drag mine up and take you and your crew out. One way or another it'll happen brutha. See you on the 14th in Ilwaco for a warm-up trip.

Sorry to hear about your motor John. If by chance your boat isn't going by time the shootout starts...........I'll just have to drag mine up and take you and your crew out. One way or another it'll happen brutha. See you on the 14th in Ilwaco for a warm-up trip.

Wow!. Thank you for that offer Ted :cool:. I sure hope to have something figured out before that. We shall see;).

Shawn and I are both looking forward to the Ilwaco trip. It will be the highlight of the year for sure. Thanks again for the invite.

Cheers,
John

stupid forecast. Tomorrow looks great now. too early to tell for Wednesday at this point. If things smarten up I will be giving it a shot on thursday

I flipped the coin... heading over tomo to Bamfield.
Aiming for the canyons on sun or mon ( hoping the Wash state forecast is more correct than Enviro Ca)... or stopping at the big bank if the water is up

There will be some boats out on Sunday as well if the weather holds. It's a small weather window.

I spoke with some people on the ferry yesterday. They were in a 220 ocean pro hewescraft and were fishing out of winter harbour this week. They went 30 miles offshore with 2 other boat and all 3 boats hooked into tuna. I'm not a tuna fisherman but thought you guys might want to know.

I don't think any of us are " tuna fishermen" so to speak. Thanks for the report.

Oh man the temps and chloros are killing me. Hope some of you made it out. Look forward to the reports.

The long range forecast weather wise looks sweet. Of course that can change any day.

Back