2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas in Blaine works out to around $1.75 a litre. Might be worth filling up the jerry cans down there. I work in Surrey so it wouldn't waste too much time.

Nah! The extreme prices and low supply are really a BC problem, especially for the south coast. Supply is so constrained here that there’s almost zero contingency in the system to mitigate any risks. The war in Europe or the Middle East crisis have some macro-level impact but this is beyond stupid what we’re dealing with in this province.

2.29 this morning. I am shaking my head and wondering if I can catch coho off my 7-foot dingy with the 3.5hp and if I can get it down to Esquimalt Anglers boat launch with my electric bike.

Anyone buying smaller boats or holding off on a big boat purchase due to these prices? I know gas is a small part of the cost of a boat or car compared to depreciation and maintenance but it has a huge physiological factor.

Well if it’s all about supply and demand we should all celebrate anyone driving an electric vehicle.
And hand out bananas and Red Bull to cycling commuters?

Bottom line is that our fuel cost will only be going up from here. Let's get used to it or find another hobby. This country (under the current political regime) is not going to absorb much investments in oil & gas and we're all going to pay a hefty price for that. By the time the electric or hybrid options become a feasible and affordable thing for mariners, people in my generation may long be gone.
I don't disagree with you about the current regime, but I do want to point out that it was the Mulroney Conservatives that sold off *our* Petro Canada to big business for pennies on the dollar, they put the regulations and legal framework in place that forced/allowed the BC Shell, Imperial and Petro-Canada refineries to close, and they literally gave away huge swaths of oilsands and Hibernia oil fields away to their biggest donors with a pittance paid back to the people in taxes & royalties. We should have built a people's Sovereign Wealth Fund similar to Norway with all these assets, and instead ALL our governments regardless of party or ideology continue to enslave us with endless societal & fiscal debt in pursuit of perpetual growth. Unrestrained & Unregulated Capitalism = Every Man For Himself, and May the Best Man Win. We are all getting exactly what we asked for, and exactly what we deserve.

Vancouver has the most expensive gas in North America​

The Metro Vancouver area has the highest price of gas in all of North America as of Friday.

On average, British Columbians in the region are paying $2.42 per litre at some stations. This comes after an abrupt 40 cent hike to the cost for fuel.

In comparison, the national average is just $1.61 per litre.

“I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a wider gamut of price behaviours coast-to-coast in my career,” said GasBuddy head petroleum analysts Patrick DeHaan.

What should the price spread be between mid grade and mid grade marine fuel? I assume it should be the tax differential but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back