2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to wonder how this is going to affect boating and boats for sale. All those folks that bought boats at inflated prices during Covid might start rethinking their purchase.

Diesel is 1.67 here in Kelowna which is right screwed... as its a by product of gas production should be much cheaper and same with propane! 1.15L like wtf man gouge us some more BC

Diesel is 1.67 here in Kelowna which is right screwed... as its a by product of gas production should be much cheaper and same with propane! 1.15L like wtf man gouge us some more BC
Diesel at False Creek was $1.87 last time I filled up.

Yep 1.88 for diesel is not sitting well with me. I'm pricing out Ford Escape Hybrids right now for a commuter vehicle. Should basically be a free vehicle when I offset the monthly diesel costs of daily driving a one ton truck in the city lol.

Daughter works the fuel dock at Maple Bay Marina, $2.04 for diesel!

Got to wonder how this is going to affect boating and boats for sale. All those folks that bought boats at inflated prices during Covid might start rethinking their purchase.

Fuel costs have very little bearing on my boating decisions. My moorage went up $1000 this year! Even at $2.00 / liter, I don't imagine my annual fuel costs will be up $1000 more. 20 nights at Provincial campsites costs $1000. 7 bottles of my favorite whiskey costs $1000. 4 dinners out with another couple costs at least $1000.

But then my house went up $2000 a week, last year. And I'm making more money at half-time work than I did working full time, 5 years ago.

It's like coffee: I don't really care what it costs.

Fuel costs have very little bearing on my boating decisions. My moorage went up $1000 this year! Even at $2.00 / liter, I don't imagine my annual fuel costs will be up $1000 more. 20 nights at Provincial campsites costs $1000. 7 bottles of my favorite whiskey costs $1000. 4 dinners out with another couple costs at least $1000.

But then my house went up $2000 a week, last year. And I'm making more money at half-time work than I did working full time, 5 years ago.

It's like coffee: I don't really care what it costs.
Totally agree. It sucks yah but really the fuel is almost the cheapest part of the equation lol.

Charter guys will have to raise their rates to cover it, they can do like businesses in our world do they charge a fuel surcharge. Let’s everyone know that the money isn’t going in their pocket it’s to cover the carbon tax and other added on government taxes. That way their customers can feel all warm and fuzzy knowing they are saving the planet.

Last edited:
If its only 2 bucks in Ukee this summer I can deal with that. It's 1.78 at the pump for regular right now here. Generally Add .10 at the fuel dock for subpar mid grade. So if it only goes up 10 cents between now and summer I won't complain to much, nor will I surcharge anyone (but yeah, the thought will cross my mind). Adds less than 50 bucks a trip over last year's 1.75

Luckily we fueled up at Pedder Bay yesterday. $1.72 for mid grade marked.
Now how do I get my car to that pump.?
Gas today at PB will probably be $1.86

Gas pump this morning in Langley was 1.80, then I heard on the radio that the carbon tax on gas is going up by 11cents in March. 2.00 gas is not far off

Just to clarify its going up to 11 cents per litre not up by 11 cents. Its going up by 2.2 cents. Still the absolute last thing we need is more tax right now

Some good information here. At the time of this publication in Vancouver a little over $0.50/L was tax. After the rate increase this spring it will be close to $0.60/L. Filling a bigger boat with a 200L tank, $120 of that bill will be going to taxes lol,, wow.

How much of those taxes is going to pay for pipelines and oil and gas subsidies or to pay for the anti's to get treated in the hospital, BC has had a carbon tax for years. Meanwhile we pay more then our fair share so the one's getting the other half of the bill don't have to pay proper royalties or have to clean up their mess they make. In BC we are building a dam that will cost us for generations to provide basically free power for lng, If you're worried about taxes increasing demand our governments stop raising them to give the money away to corporations or that corporations pay their fair share so our share goes down. The carbon taxes are not about saving the world they're about getting money from the people and giving it to corporations so they don't have to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back