2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I kept my boat and didn't upgrade to something bigger. Same with truck. Not a massive 3/4 or one ton with huge gas guzzling engine.

But really end of the day you can't be a price on taking off on the water.

Russia is playing a game of chess with Europe. That move is pushing up the prices. Conflict breaks out its going past 2.00.

It will though hurt small business. Just need to access how bad the fuel surcharges will go up on deliveries. In turn your going to see a food and retail costs jump to offset this. I know couriers are about 24 to 26 percent right now. If that doubles there will be significant hike passed to consumer.

Last edited:
Honestly the price of fuel will be the least of what is coming to peoples bank accounts. I know we talk about it and it's an easy thing to focus on because we drive past 10 gas stations a day and it's posted. What is not posted is everything else and not just things that are related to fuel costs. Groceries....clothes.....insurance and everything else go up disproportional in response to fuel costs. If you deliver one loaf of bread to a store and gas goes up 20 cents a liter then you pass that on to the buyer. However if you deliver 1000 loaves of bread to a store you can't pass on the same increase on every loaf.....but they do and then some.....lol As much as I don't want to pay more at the pump at least it's a fixed cost that I can see. But hey...….everyone's house assessments are way up so there's that....however that only helps if you are downsizing or taking the big dirt nap and leaving it in your will. lol For someone that works in the oil and gas industry it still blows me away much work goes into a liter of fuel coming out the pump and the cost compared to a bottle of water at 7/11. Just my opinion...….Still going to suck at the pumps this summer though......

Last edited:
Should we build a list of gas stations on land that have marked fuel? For us trailer dwellers? I know there a couple COOPs in the valley that carry it.

Should we build a list of gas stations on land that have marked fuel? For us trailer dwellers? I know there a couple COOPs in the valley that carry it.
They started putting ethanol in our regular marked at the coop in ukee this winter. Had been ethanol free till then. Sad. Was good for those that could run on 87.

They started putting ethanol in our regular marked at the coop in ukee this winter. Had been ethanol free till then. Sad. Was good for those that could run on 87.
I'd consider running marked ethanol at the beginning of summer and ween myself off towards the end. It's a shame its so hard to get ethanol free fuel on land these days with paying a premium.

Ok boys and gals! Uncle Vlad just started invading Ukraine and the crude’s about to hit $100/barrel. Brace for the more expensive gas before the end of the month. :confused:

Last edited:
In the interior but marked boat gas
here is $1.56/9 a litre at the esso and pump says no ethanol. For now anyways

I was up in Princeton this weekend and gas was 1.59 and diesel was 1.61. Gas was cheaper back in the lower mainland when I returned as well. Weird that prices went down so much compared to the last 2 months.

Stephan at RPM/Alberni marine told me not to worry about using fuel with less than 10% ethanol with my 4 stroke mercs

Oil prices will only get worse. We are entering a large energy crisis due to government impediment on production. Oil and gas wells decline in daily rates. Most hyperbolic. We are so far behind with replacing decline & can not drill fast enough to keep up with demand. Imagine when planes start flying & container ships are at full capacity. Investment has fleed the country due to the current political environment. Anyone who wants to argue, go ahead. This is what I do for a living. Also look who our minister of climate change is....

There is no current substitute for Oil. Electric vehicles are fine especially if you live in the city. However they are in NO way ready to replace Oil.

The media hasn't shown how bad the attacks were up in north BC on the gateway pipe line. They tried setting a vehicle on fire with pepole in it. Went on a rampage with Axes. The purpose being to make crews scared to work there. Those folks are the real terrorists and threats to the country.

Anyways. Just wait until we are at $150/T for carbon tax. We haven't seen anything yet.

Stephan at RPM/Alberni marine told me not to worry about using fuel with less than 10% ethanol with my 4 stroke mercs
Kurt said the same thing. Merc does say you can run it in my engines as well. I more worry about the fuel system and tank. I guess I could just add stabilizer in the winter to avoid the separation. Might be worthwhile if the spread is 25 cents a liter.

Oil prices will only get worse. We are entering a large energy crisis due to government impediment on production. Oil and gas wells decline in daily rates. Most hyperbolic. We are so far behind with replacing decline & can not drill fast enough to keep up with demand. Imagine when planes start flying & container ships are at full capacity. Investment has fleed the country due to the current political environment. Anyone who wants to argue, go ahead. This is what I do for a living. Also look who our minister of climate change is....

There is no current substitute for Oil. Electric vehicles are fine especially if you live in the city. However they are in NO way ready to replace Oil.

The media hasn't shown how bad the attacks were up in north BC on the gateway pipe line. They tried setting a vehicle on fire with pepole in it. Went on a rampage with Axes. The purpose being to make crews scared to work there. Those folks are the real terrorists and threats to the country.

Anyways. Just wait until we are at $150/T for carbon tax. We haven't seen anything yet.

I seem to recall David Suzuki on the news not long ago calling for these types of attacks... I guess he has got his wish. The news won't touch that story I'm sure...

It's always political - rarely supply and demand. OPEC has deliberately constrained production to sustain higher prices:

"OPEC has signaled it may actually be fine with oil at $100 after several cartel delegates said there were no plans to accelerate production growth despite soaring prices." - OilPrice.com

Computer oil trading algorithms suggest that higher oil prices can be easily tolerated with a minimal effect on global demand. OPEC has been and remains the pivitol influence on global oil prices. However, Russia benefits greatly from the higher prices, as well.

Brent crude briefly topped $99 after Russia’s President Vladimir Putin signed a decree recognizing the independence of the two eastern Ukrainian regions of Lugansk and Donetsk and ordered army forces to enter them for peacekeeping purposes, the Kremlin said.

Germany has further compounded the pricing situation by refusing to certify the newest Russian gas pipeline.

Oh supply and demand absolutely matter. Hence when the world was flooded with oil during the shale oil boom (2015-2020) the price collapsed. Current daily oil consumption is surpassing production and we have eaten away at the surplus. Note, the Biden administration along with other country's opened up strategic oil reserves as to ease the prices and it was short term.

There has been such a shortage of investment in Oil the last 5 years & we are seeing it now. Opec dosent have much more to give. They haven't drilled **** in years and the wells they shut in can't come back online. They need very expensive means of artificial lift & the COVID supply chain has made it almost impossible.

Iran is the only production behind pipe. They can't flip a switch if they wanted to. The wells and infrastructure is in shambles. It would take equipment we just don't have in the globe right now to bring oil online

Are oil prices always political. Well I guess so. The Biden administration on Day 1 in office canceled a pipeline (Keystone) that would have delivered a steady reliable stream of 830,000 bbls/d into the USA. Months later the President asked Opec to increase production to help reduce domestic oil prices..

The federal Liberals are responsible for many majior oil sand expansions being canceled. In the millions of daily barrels. Many have made national news.Oil sand projects do not decline they are stable daily production which keeps prices stable.

So those 2 examples do show that indeed oil prices are political...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-190255_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-190255_Chrome.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Look what the auto manufacturers did in the 80s when there was a energy crisis.

if your an anti oil then this is is like a carbon tax on steroids. Higher oil prices mean more competitive alternatives. Of course with some factories in China turning on and off for two years alternatives might not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back