2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^
Agreed!
Government is constantly lobbied by industry and by the rest of us once in 4 years. More of us need to be politically active in order to be heard. The corporate welfare must be stopped.

Here we go again, B.C. is asking the Independent Utilities Commission to make recommendations to regulate the price of gas as it continues to set records.
Didn’t they already look into this and say we pay more. Nothing ever came from it, prices didn’t change

No one is going to complain about the anti energy governments, taxes, and inflation causing this?

All this cost increase across the board is directly government related. Your house is worth more on paper but you'll pay 40% more for everything and you can't afford to move.

Makes me want to cash out and live under a bridge somewhere.

Here we go again, B.C. is asking the Independent Utilities Commission to make recommendations to regulate the price of gas as it continues to set records.
Didn’t they already look into this and say we pay more. Nothing ever came from it, prices didn’t change

I think the result was they found 10-15 cents a Liter that was unexplainable or not a result of market forces.

I feel we already get 20% less for 20% more, now that we have given all the pandemic handouts the devastation of the November flooding the skyrocketing fuel costs,especially diesel, all that just gets passed on to us sheep,unless you're a 1%r,we are forever going to be screwed by an archaic system that continues to spiral us further and further into debt. No matter what they get their 50% plus of everything we make.

Yep 1.88 for diesel is not sitting well with me. I'm pricing out Ford Escape Hybrids right now for a commuter vehicle. Should basically be a free vehicle when I offset the monthly diesel costs of daily driving a one ton truck in the city lol.
Our hybrid rav 4 burns 6l/100k

Here’s the news of a terrorist attack on a federally approved gas line in BC. Thanks Justin for making this country one of the unsafest places for energy and infrastructure investments while we keep asking why the prices are going up.

Our hybrid rav 4 burns 6l/100k
Some guy in Europe has a Jeep compass 4xe hybrid,
Dude is averaging 0.70 lt /100km. Either he knows how to drive a phev or he messed up in inputting his data in spritmonitor fuel tracking app.
And ya know what the dumb thing is? I've been wanting to get a compass phev for the last two years, and found out last week north America ain't getting them.
Closest thing to it is the 2022 kia sportage phev.

Dude is averaging 0.70 lt /100km. Either he knows how to drive a phev or he messed up in inputting his data in spritmonitor fuel tracking app.
And ya know what the dumb thing is? I've been wanting to get a compass phev for the last two years, and found out last week north America ain't getting them.
Aces didn’t say he was driving a plug in. Could be a regular hybrid. A plug in could get great mileage if you don’t have To travel far and use mostly the electric motor. Still great fuel economy and nothing to complain about in my mind as I switch from a one ton truck lol

My wife has a PHEV and we have had it as low as .2 Litre /100 kilometre for a large period of time. When you go on a road trip you might drag the average up, but she essentially only burns gas if she goes further than her normal route or runs the heater. Not for everyone ,but if you like most people don’t travel that far and have a home charger, you buy gas once a year unless you do a road trip.

My wife has a PHEV and we have had it as low as .2 Litre /100 kilometre for a large period of time. When you go on a road trip you might drag the average up, but she essentially only burns gas if she goes further than her normal route or runs the heater. Not for everyone ,but if you like most people don’t travel that far and have a home charger, you buy gas once a year unless you do a road trip.
can I pull an 18' boat with your wife's car?
Don't need to go far to get to the ramp.

Diesel is 1.67 here in Kelowna which is right screwed... as its a by product of gas production should be much cheaper and same with propane! 1.15L like wtf man gouge us some more BC
The Trickle Down ( or this case Trickle UP ) effect will be felt, by everyone, very soon, as almost ALL foodstuffs and consumer goods are delivered to the point of sale by trucks. Trucks running on diesel fuel.....

Aces didn’t say he was driving a plug in. Could be a regular hybrid. A plug in could get great mileage if you don’t have To travel far and use mostly the electric motor. Still great fuel economy and nothing to complain about in my mind as I switch from a one ton truck lol
Yes it’s a regular hybrid. I don't trust full plug in technology and charging network yet.

The $2/L gas might not impact my fishing this summer because I may use the 16’ boat 10 days a year , but I am damn sure I’ll be a little annoyed at the $2/L price every time I fuel it up because of the overall impacts on life.
We have friends that use their ski boat a lot in the summer. They spent between $2-3K a year on fuel when it was $1.25/L. I’m sure they will be noticing the impacts this summer!!

It’s definitely something to consider when looking at bigger boats . Some of the bigger Grady’s and tuna rigs are 20-25gph boats so running out for an afternoon alone to fish pill pt from Alberni turns into a 400$ bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back