2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
False Creek Fuels just raised gasoline to $2.05, getting closer to the high summer prices. The recent price spike for fuel is all over the news this morning. One of the refineries in WA has been shut down for maintenance which is exacerbating the supply issue.

Gasoline was $2.02 at Chevron, Coal Harbor on Monday. $2.05 still sounds reasonable. There was ~10 cents jump overnight at most pumps in the lower mainland. So much for contingency planning for our energy supply in this province.:rolleyes:

My wife just took the truck down to Washington to pick up some stuff I had shipped there. Diesel was $5.09 per gallon USD, so $6.80 per gallon CAD. Basically $1.80 per litre for diesel. I work in Surrey so I think I might have to make trips across the border to save $0.45 per litre compared to here.

Although, I'm hoping to only have to fill up my truck once a month now that I have a commuter car.

On Thursday, average prices reached 208.9 cents per litre, up five cents from the day before. But the increases are expected to continue, and could get up to 218.9 Friday.

In Toronto, average prices were 148.9 Thursday and in Calgary they were 12 cents lower, according to Gas Wizard.

RELATED STORIES​

Riddle me this Batman. How come synthetic oil is “dropping” by 22$ a jug at Walmart? Electric cargo bike is doing me wonders except for the accident that popped out my shoulder. You guys think that $2 a litre hurts!
Because nobody can afford to do an oil change because they spend all their money on gas haha

Well if it’s all about supply and demand we should all celebrate anyone driving an electric vehicle.

Only if your special. Frustrating for those of us in the private sector small business without access to magic money.
We’re still trying to catch up with whatever work that was initially planned for last Monday and all of a sudden, boom! We have another “public holiday“ coming up this Friday. This is just lazy and will only hit the small guys.
Fuel prices and interest rates seem to continue to go up but with the current quality of “leadership”, the economic growth and recovery have no where to go but down.
Anyhow, saw another jump at the pump this morning in Vancouver. $2.21/L for regular gas. The forecast for end of this week is $2.34.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back