2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to think that fuel prices must be reducing the incidence of cases of two-foot-itis. Lots of folks looking at what they have now and pushing aside those " just a little bit bigger would be good.

I guess im still confused,as a diesel owner,I am still not understanding how the historically lower priced diesel fuel is suddenly so much higher priced then gas? They have been producing low sulfur diesel for decades and yet suddenly its more expensive to produce?, please I supposed they would have some lovely property to sell me at low tide as well??? I feel like it's just another bunch of bueraacratic bulls*##%,that typically gets shoved down our pacifist countries throat,every thing that moves on the planet nearly all runs on diesel,shipping,rail, trucking,so you know we're all these costs are going to land,square on us the consumer. I apologize if this has already been beaten to death,but just needed a little rant. Actually saw diesel for $2 per litre at Bradner road today,so sad that I was excited about it!!

Last edited:
I guess im still confused,as a diesel owner,I am still not understanding how the historically lower priced diesel fuel is suddenly so much higher priced then gas? They have been producing low sulfur diesel for decades and yet suddenly its more expensive to produce?, please I supposed they would have some lovely property to sell me at low tide as well??? I feel like it's just another bunch of bueraacratic bulls*##%,that typically gets shoved down our pacifist countries throat,every thing that moves on the planet nearly all runs on diesel,shipping,rail, trucking,so you know we're all these costs are going to land,square on us the consumer. I apologize if this has already been beaten to death,but just needed a little rant. Actually saw diesel for $2 per litre at Bradber road today,so sad that I was excited about it!!
While I don't know for sure and I certainly can't/don't disagree with you I've thought about it before and the only thing I could come up with is maybe there's been a shift to selling you the product based on energy not cost of production? There's close to 25% more energy in a given volume compared to gasoline, that and thermal efficiency gains in diesel engines are why diesel offers big power and better (relatively speaking) mileage . If I substitute gas vs diesel with two different styles of batteries in the same comparison I can picture a large amount of people happily paying for more energy density, production costs be damned. Or maybe its economics, supply and demand. Like you said there's no shortage of demand for diesel, I have no idea how current demand stacks up to supply capacity. It looks like it's a global phenomenon not just Canadian. Occam's razor says a global conspiracy of gouging is unlikely. I'm not a gynachiatrist but I think it's an interesting thought exercise and conversation.......

got some gas at $206.9. I run a VMAX 90hp on an aluminum boat so not too bad for me… my buddy runs a 150 Merc on a heavy Grady hull…

Diesel was $1.85 at Coal Harbour Chevron Thursday . Moving in the right direction
Yup. I was glad put 550L in for just over a grand at False Creek when I got home. Way better than the $2.49 I was paying in Bamfield.
1400 L total for the two week trip!

Yup. I was glad put 550L in for just over a grand at False Creek when I got home. Way better than the $2.49 I was paying in Bamfield.
1400 L total for the two week trip!
I’m expecting similar for my trip going around.
Depends on how many trips offshore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back