Won't be Loosing Anymore Scotty Rigger Clips

I just run this setup off the ball minus the swivel now, and a Scotty Stacking clip up top. Never lose anything now plus don't need a stopper at the ball.

Attachments

• IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3929.JPG
    IMG_3929.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_3930.JPG
    IMG_3930.JPG
    391 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 282
and what are doing if your stacking???
Yes, I read through this all and thought the same… it is always the stacked clip that I lose, when I get lazy and don’t add a stop thinking oh sure I’ll remember lol! I need an engineering fix to compensate for my brain!

The pics are great Casper but do yourself a favour and get rid of those plastic Scotty clips (the one to the snubber)…I lost 2 balls this year due to them failing (not breaking but stretching and opening)
It wouldn't matter if the clip failed as it's only used on the ball retriever
if I'm seeing this correctly

I just run this setup off the ball minus the swivel now, and a Scotty Stacking clip up top. Never lose anything now plus don't need a stopper at the ball.
Those plastic clips will also allow crab trap ropes to get inside the clip preventing you from being able to simply back up and get off the trap line. If you fish around commercial traps its only a matter of time before those clips mess you up.

If you're stacking, add a short piece of mono to the clip, tie a coast-lock to the mono and clip that around the cable. That way if you knock the clip off, the mono/coast-lock will keep it attached to the cable (it will just slip down towards the bottom of the cable).

sure enough lost a clip yesterday. Just wondering what you are doing instead of a swivel at the top?
I don't run the swivel anymore though, just tie all 3 lines together.

Attachments

• IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3929.JPG
    IMG_3929.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3930.JPG
    IMG_3930.JPG
    391 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 55
i tried this a few years back and sometimes the clip wouldn’t pay out with the cannon. how did you fix that?
Never had that problem

Very simple - just clip it to the eye where the rubber snubber connects to the downrigger line. Since I have done that years ago I have never lost a clip.

Back