Won't be Loosing Anymore Scotty Rigger Clips

profisher

I knocked off so many clips this summer I gave it some thought and after trying a couple different solutions this one works. They float and the bright colour makes it easy to spot if you don't get it until you turn and come back for it. Most of the time I can get the net on it without turning around.

Attachments

• float.jpg
    float.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 643
Used something similar for ages-same old balsa river float too,

This is the Best model though-cannot be knocked off.

Used something similar for ages-same old balsa river float too,

This is the Best model though-cannot be knocked off.

I'll have to try that kind

a few years ago, we lost about 5 in a season, mostly on my side. i had no idea how, or what was going on. i was pissed off, embarrassed, and had no idea how they were going. glad i'm not the only guy who's had it happen! i like the idea of this clip on style, the 1191. that might be the next type to try.

Will mostly lose Scotty Release Clips if you stack them. If you don't stack, never hook them to your main line, but to what should be 120 pound or so line connecting your ball and they will be fine. The problem is when they run into the pully when coming up.

ah yes, we got the gate fixed on the one rigger, and put on those terminal kits (sure stop i think) and that helped a great deal.

I used to donate clips on a regular basis but then I realized when I clip to the tuna cored, I purposely pull the clip extra tight and that fixed it. I'd be keen if they floated the. Nice fix!

Love it. now design something to eliminate the clips’ line from twisting up on the tuna cord/ snubber. sick of it

If I’m getting your point right, after I put the fishing line in the clip, while still hanging on to the clip (rod is in holder now) I let the brake go down a foot or two until there’s enough tension between the clip and fishing line to eliminate any back twist. Then I let go of the clip and let the brake go to my depth. I do it if the rod is in the holder while connecting the clip, or even if I’m using a free spool feature reel and using my thumb as a brake. Just hold the rod tip high enough to give tension, release the brake to your depth, flick the free spool off and put the rod in the holder.

I have been using similar - just used a drilled, tapered, painted wine work. I have lots of them!

What about those small brass crimps to stop slipping. Do they kick the auto stop?
I’ve not tried a crimp for this. If this knot hits the auto stop your clip is long gone at the pulley. I have a separate knot where my gangion ties to the rigger braid that triggers the auto stop.

Back