Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Striperjack, i have a 18.5 ft older double eagle with a brown top, the boat is orangish brown, with a 150 yamaha outboard. We have not named her yet! But were working on it.

Ill say hi next time i see ya out there!

Still have yet to meet any of the guys on this forum.

-Steve

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

quote:Originally posted by tidehunter

fog,smog...
5 hours fishing,15 caught,released all 12 exept the 17lbs. going in the smoker. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :D
Of course,being a damn good fisherman helps. YAWN..;)

are you related to BC driven or the trailers ?
Did some research before answering because I did not know what you were talking about. Now that i've read some posts by them I would love to tell you what you can do with your head but that would be going to 'their depth'. Thanks alot. ps. you peeved because someone caught fish? SERIOUS man,you got a inferiority complex,grow up!![xx(]

was out today at the east side of constance.
4 in the boat lost 2 , and released a hali.
springs were 7,9,6,12 hali was about a 15
one rod got all the hits. using a cop car spoon till it got bitten off then went to a purple haze hoochie
130ft of water. at 125 on the rigger
love winter fishing

iscootblue.png

fog,smog...
5 hours fishing,15 caught,released all 12 exept the 17lbs. going in the smoker. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :D

Did some research before answering because I did not know what you were talking about. Now that i've read some posts by them I would love to tell you what you can do with your head but that would be going to 'their depth'. Thanks alot. ps. you peeved because someone caught fish? SERIOUS man,you got a inferiority complex,grow up!![xx(]
Man,only you would pick out someone you thought would out fish you to be a B.S.'er. But ya,your right. have a great day Cray.funny,eh?? [:eek:)]

Id love to see a pic of the 17, that would be a beauty, hatchery or wild???

No need to be hostile on this website guys, cmon.

-Steve

The trip with Cooper went well on the weekend lots of fish!!! We were back at the dock by noon with six nice springs. between 7-10 pounds.
Cheers Codfish

DY

fog,smog...

Seriously dude - I'll catch the troll once in a while just to call you out - what is your friggin problem that you have to waste so many peoples time with your BS? Are you just lonely?

'did some research before answering because I did not what you were talking about'??????

What, you knew nothing of the trailer boy?? BS

Guys,sorry to accuse but if any of you have had a family member killed by a drunk driver,my cousin,you too would be a little more than pi**ed off when reading posts about going out after meetings to have JUST 2 beer. Not speaking of wolf because he says he had only 2,and I don't know him so i wouldn't call him a liar. As far as being the trailer guy.... :(.I'm in agreement with all,he's crazy and an idiot. Enough said,i just wanted to explain my accusing post. BUT... my views of drinking and driving will go with me to my grave.

This is why you get labeled bull s$&%&er! Better bring in ID # 12. Hate to give you the pleasure of being responded to, but sometimes its just gotta be done when you try to crap on long standing contributing members.

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

fog,smog...
5 hours fishing,15 caught,released all 12 exept the 17lbs</u>. going in the smoker. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :D

Seriously dude - I'll catch the troll once in a while just to call you out - what is your friggin problem that you have to waste so many peoples time with your BS? Are you just lonely?

'did some research before answering because I did not what you were talking about'??????

What, you knew nothing of the trailer boy?? BS

Guys,sorry to accuse but if any of you have had a family member killed by a drunk driver,my cousin,you too would be a little more than pi**ed off when reading posts about going out after meetings to have JUST 2 beer. Not speaking of wolf because he says he had only 2,and I don't know him so i wouldn't call him a liar. As far as being the trailer guy.... :(.I'm in agreement with all,he's crazy and an idiot.</u> Enough said,i just wanted to explain my accusing post. BUT... my views of drinking and driving will go with me to my grave.

This is why you get labeled bull s$&%&er! Better bring in ID # 12. Hate to give you the pleasure of being responded to, but sometimes its just gotta be done when you try to crap on long standing contributing members.

X2,
esp... on the BS!

Why do you think spoons are outfishing hoochies as of late? Is it because spoons tend to have more agressive movement than a hoochie? Are the fish getting hungrier as winter time passes and they too are becoming more agressive? Sorry for all the questions but this trend occurs every year at this time so to me it seems there must be a reason. [?]

Why do you think spoons are outfishing hoochies as of late? Is it because spoons tend to have more agressive movement than a hoochie? Are the fish getting hungrier as winter time passes and they too are becoming more agressive? Sorry for all the questions but this trend occurs every year at this time so to me it seems there must be a reason. [?]

I've actually had better success lately with squirts and hootchy's..
(and i'm a die hard spoon user.)
I don't know why, but lately spoons aren't working as good as usual.

I've actually had better success lately with squirts and hootchy's..
(and i'm a die hard spoon user.)
I don't know why, but lately spoons aren't working as good as usual.

Ya,spoons are my favorite lure as well.I tried putting some scent on the other day and limited out way before my buddy and his hoochie. [8D]
probably just fluke but felt good just the same.lolOff topic for a moment...does anyone have any news about what transpired at the last meeting concerning halibut limit,closure time,etc? I will think of selling some of my hali gear to pay for Xmas gifts if it's just going to sit in my basement for months and months. :(
Thanks and good luck/tight lines to all.

Ya,spoons are my favorite lure as well.I tried putting some scent on the other day and limited out way before my buddy and his hoochie. [8D]
probably just fluke but felt good just the same.lolOff topic for a moment...does anyone have any news about what transpired at the last meeting concerning halibut limit,closure time,etc? I will think of selling some of my hali gear to pay for Xmas gifts if it's just going to sit in my basement for months and months. :(
Thanks and good luck/tight lines to all.

I am a diehard anchovy guy, fished on a head… then I go for herring, fished on a head… then go to cut plug. I usually fish a spoon on the second pole. But, have to admit, I just bought some hoochies!

PS... I wouldn't sell any halibut gear! :)

I am a diehard anchovy guy, fished on a head… then I go for herring, fished on a head… then go to cut plug. I usually fish a spoon on the second pole. But, have to admit, I just bought some hoochies!

PS... I wouldn't sell any halibut gear! :)

I like fishing hardware versus bait only because my riggers are manual.In 200 feet of water I'm not a happy camper when every time a shaker hits or just being unsure if I've missed a strike,up it comes. Gets a bit expensive too. With spoons and hoochies there is not that worry.

Back