Where to around the 12th?

totally tyee

Renfrew? Bamfield? Alberni?

For a couple of days around the 12th of Sept what do you guys think?
Without having to go offshore.

TT

I think Renfrew would be a good bet....
they hammered the big springs out there last year at
around that time.

Typically how is the fishing in Bamfield the 2nd week of September? Are there still lots of springs to be caught or are they all up the Alberni Inlet by then? I'm sure the Coho fishing has to be pretty good by then.

Thanks,
Slabby20

Yup, I would have to agree with Craven Jeff, Last year we hit frew in the Rain on the 18th- 20th and did very well on Springs to 35 lbs just off Eastpoint after a limit of Hali Offshore! We the did the Coho thing off the 700 contour but found it much more productive laast year off Eastpoint in tight. Three Coho over 20 and 1 at 22.5 inside the can as well.

Well I fished outta renfrew last year and the year before at the time your thinking of going and we hit some monster COHO the biggest was 27 with numberous others over 25 !!!, But the fish are running late in Barkey Sound and the 2nd week in SEPT, would be like the normal 3rd week in August there. If we dont get much rain between then and now I would definatly try Bamfield. The fishing there has been getting better and better for the last couple weeks and there will be plenty of fish around the middle of the month.

Rob,

We usually go to Bamfield the third week of August every year. Next year we can't and we are looking at going Sept 8-14th instead. In a "normal year" are there still lots of springs around or is it tailing off by then? Thanks for your help.

Slabby20

I have had many of my best days fishing after the crowds have left. Usually the 2nd week in SEPT everything has quited down and you can go out and catch fish to your hearts content without there being 100 boats at Whittlestone. IN SEPT many larger springs move in as well as the COHO and CHUMS. All in all I would say that some of the best fishing up there happens after everyone else has gone home.

Back