What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

What did you use to make your cuts? Regular exacto blade or something else I've tried a few different experimental cuts just wondering what was best for you
An exacto knife. You pretty well need a new blade every couple of cuts. I just found a utility knife too bulky. You need a good 4 ft straight edge. Good large piece of plywood to cut on. Lots of masking tape to make marks and help laying out things. Lead weights to get it laying flat out of the rolled state. A good plastic geometric shape template and lots of round lids of various sizes. Take your time. It’s easy to screw up.

Last edited:
If your buying from Amazon and probably other places it comes in a tight roll in a box.I laid mine out flat for a couple of months with weights on top and it helped a lot.I read some recommendations to use a 3M spray glue as well as the self adhesive which I did after washing the deck down with acetone. It stuck down really well.But you only get one shot at getting it lined up right.I also held it back from bulkheads 1/4" and caulked w/black Sikaflex so that water wouldn't pool under or beside the plywood.Working off a centerline worked for me to have it look balanced side to side.

Back